Ended Finance Officer
Action Contre la Faim is an International Humanitarian Organization which is private, non-political, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action Contre la Faim vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. Action Contre la Faim currently operates in 46 countries including Yemen globally and conduct programs in nutrition, food security, health, water and sanitation.
JOB TITLE: Finance Officer
Duration: Four Months
Supervised by: Finance Manager – Aden
Assist in developing budgets, monitoring transactions, and preparing financial reports. Managing records and receipts. Reconciling daily, monthly and yearly transactions and preparing balance sheets.
Finance Main duties:
- Prepare the day to day external & internal payments (checks & transfers) before submitting for signature, in accordance with ACF Accountancy & Cash Management Policy
- Make and record all payments out of cash, recording all programme advances issued and returned
- Review all documents submitted for the project payment to ensure proper procedures have been followed before release the payment.
- Carrying out as needed daily cash management and cash count as per ACF Financial, and administrative procedure.
- Consolidate the necessary document for the month end accounting close process.
- Maintenance of all project accounting records, ensuring that records are complete, accurate and safeguarded.
- Provide timely cash request for project payments
- Sending the project financial transfers and any other financial correspondences to the banks.
- Ensure financial transactions are accurately recorded in the cash, and bank books in a timely manner, and are accompanied by relevant supporting documentation, duly signed and authorized by relevant budget holder, and Finance Validation
- Receive and check the eligibility of invoices submitted for payment (compliance with purchase voucher, required information).
- Help with the preparation of the award Budget Pipelines, Budget vs. Actual reports (BFU), and Cash Flow Projection..
- Analyse the project Budget follow-up (BFU).
- Liaise with the Program department to reconcile invoices and delivery records, and comply with cost allocation guidelines.
- Provides timely support to the program and support teams on appropriate budget and allocation basis.
- Codify electronic entries, and physical proof of payments.
- Ensure all documents are sent to the capital on a monthly basis, after being archived according to ACF Accounting/Finance Procedures.
- Update and follow-up the project Payment Tracker.
- Prepare the monthly closer (documentation & SAGA), and the necessary adjustments after consulting with the Finance Manager.
- Translate accounting, and payments documents as needed.
- Follow up & assist the pre-auditors with the missing documents in accordance with the risk table.
- Monitoring procedures are in place to ensure that there is a Zero tolerance approach to bribery, fraud and corruption.
- Review contracts / agreements and make sure they are in place for significant grants.
- Any other assignment requested by the Finance Manager
- Bachelor degree in finance, accounting, business or a related field
- At least 2 years relevant professional experience working in a finance role ( if in national, or international organization is an advantage)
- Good communication skills
- Arabic native speaker, with excellent English language skills (speak, read and write)
- Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy)
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of ACF
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks
- Ability to plan ahead and output oriented
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management
- Practical and problem-solver
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure
- Team player and self-driven.
- Level of the position: T2.
- Basic salary in accordance with our National Salary grid.
- Transportation allowance.
- Eid bonus: a full basic salary per year.
- Medical and life insurance coverage: Including the employee, spouse, children and parents.
Application Process: Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and Cover Letter in English, Clearly mention the position you have applied + the location of the position in the email’s subject, to email@example.com latest by 23 February 2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.