Ended Warehouse Officer
Action Contre la Faim is an International Humanitarian Organization which is private, non-political, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action Contre la Faim vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. Action Contre la Faim currently operates in 46 countries including Yemen globally and conduct programs in nutrition, food security, health, water and sanitation.
Job Title: Warehouse Officer
Duration: Four Months
Supervised by: Deputy Logistics Manager – Aden
Manages the store: To ensure the correct storage of the items, and to assume the responsibility of recoding/reporting according to ACF KitLogV3.
Objective 1: Manage the stocks(Pharmaceuticals and Nutrition stocks):
- Ensure that all items are stored in a way to be counted, and packed correctly respecting ACF standard.
- Ensure the record of the stock movement, keeping the stock card update on a daily basis (in/out movement).
- Update the Stock Follow-up/the stock report on a weekly basis.
- To conduct the overall monthly inventory to prepare the monthly stock report.
- To control the expiry dates of the items, applying the FIFO international rule (first in/first out)
- Advise the Deputy Logistics Manager before the stock of the consumables items run out.
- Ensure that always the store is secure and the doors are properly locked.
Objective 2: Ensure that the stores are hygienic and clean:
- Check daily that the store is clean and is regularly disinfected and ventilated;
- Check the temperature and humidity of the store;
- Check the sanitary conditions of new products (absence of parasites);
- Remove infected products and inform the supply manager.
- Treat the infected products according to KitLogV3 instructions.
- Separate foodstuffs from the others;
- Set up a protection against the animals and harmful insects
Objective 3: Manage cargos and shipments:
- Make sure that you have the required document to check the items upon delivery
- Complete the various dispatch documents
- Supervise and organize the loading and the unloading of the vehicles/trucks.
Objective 4: Check the quality of the food stuff to be stocked :
- Examine the deliveries : quantity, quality, documentation;
- Check the sanitary conditions of the products entering;
- Report any problem with the quality.
Objective 5: Reporting/ Others
- Compile monthly Stock Follow up Reports and Stock Requisition Orders(SFU/SROs)
- Any other task might be asked by the line manager according to the supply sub-department load
- Participate in all the meetings / activities arranged by logistics department or ACF (where participation required).
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma / Level of studies: Above Secondary school
Skills and Competencies:
- Command of reading and writing
- Command of arithmetic
- sense of organization
- Knowledge of English
- Level of the position: T2.
- Basic salary in accordance with our National Salary grid.
- Transportation allowance.
- Eid bonus: a full basic salary per year.
- Medical and life insurance coverage: Including the employee, spouse, children and parents.
Application Process: Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and Cover Letter in English, Clearly mention the position you have applied + the location of the position in the email’s subject, to email@example.com latest by 23 February 2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.