Ended Procurement Officer
Action Contre la Faim is an International Humanitarian Organization which is private, non-political, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action Contre la Faim vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. Action Contre la Faim currently operates in 46 countries including Yemen globally and conduct programs in nutrition, food security, health, water and sanitation.
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Duration: Four Months
Supervised by: Deputy Logistics Manager – Aden
To ensure that all the procurement are respecting ACF and the donors policies outlined in KitLogV3
Objective 1: Deal with purchases:
- Receive the validated procurement request from the Deputy Logistics manager.
- Prepare all the necessary document for the purchase dossier and seek their approval
- Procure the items complying with the requester specification, respecting KitLogV3 procedures
- Complete the purchases within given time frame and make sure to deliver the right quality at right price.
- Coordinate with requester regarding selection of material, quality check at delivery and late delivery
- Coordinate with warehouse officer to ensure the good delivery into stock and order the regular and emergency supplies on time.
Objective 2: Information management:
- Keep the PFU up to date & disseminate to relevant staff weekly
- Keep the price catalogue up to date and to conduct market survey.
- Deal with the quotation requests.
Objective3 : Follow the payments made by suppliers :
- Mange the suppliers’ payment in coordination with cashier by following the logistics and finance procedures
- Ensure that the invoices have the proper required information in accordance with ACF procedures
- Transfer the approved invoices to the accounts department to pay the suppliers promptly.
- Settle the cash advance according to the Finance procedures
Objective 4: Other Logistics:
- Any other task might be asked by the line manager within scope of Logistics department (replace the logistics staff during their holidays)
- Ensure the participation in all meeting called by supervisor or ACF
Qualifications and Experience:
• Diploma / Level of studies : Above secondary school level and professional experience
Skills and Competencies:
• Computer science (Word and Excel)
• Negotiating ability
• Sense of organization
• Good knowledge of markets
• Knowledge of English
- Level of the position: T2.
- Basic salary in accordance with our National Salary grid.
- Transportation allowance.
- Eid bonus: a full basic salary per year.
- Medical and life insurance coverage: Including the employee, spouse, children and parents.
Application Process: Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and Cover Letter in English, Clearly mention the position you have applied + the location of the position in the email’s subject, to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 23 February 2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.