Ended Pharmacist Consultant
Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is looking for Pharmacist consultant for supporting tender for medical supplies (national position):
Position: Pharmacist consultant for facilitating tender for medical supplies (national position)
Location: Aden, Yemen with travels inside Yemen
Contract details: Consultant
Duration: A maximum period of 3 weeks to complete the works as per ToR
Starting date: ASAP
(PAH) is an INGO with a mission to make the world a better place by promoting humanitarian values and alleviating human suffering caused by armed conflicts and natural disasters. Since 1992, PAH operated in almost 50 countries, reaching approximately 11 million people in need.
For more information, please refer to www.pah.org.pl.
About PAH Yemen Mission
PAH Yemen Mission has been officially established in July 2019 and currently provides humanitarian assistance in WASH and Health sectors. The key objective of our programme is to improve access to lifesaving health and WASH services at primary health level for 73,597 most vulnerable communities affected by conflict in Ad Dhale and Aden governorates.
Position reports to: Head of Programs (HoP), with close cooperation with the Program Manager and the Operations Consultant.
- Contributing technically to the process related to tender process for medical supplies to be implemented in Yemen;
- Supporting Tender Commission in evaluation of the BoQs submitted with tender documents;
- Evaluation of compliance standards of the drugs provided as offer within the tender process (international lists, documentation review etc.)
- Ensuring that all PAH tender regulations are fully respected and followed throughout the process;
- Communication and on-going reporting to Tender Commission and PAH Management;
- Any other duties as assigned when needed;
- Estimated timeline for the support: 3 weeks, not full time, part of engagement remotely
- Deliverables: compliance report on quality of drugs indicated in the offer
- A Bachelor degree in Pharmacy (a Master degree would be an asset)
- At least 3 years of professional experience as pharmacist
- At least 2 years of professional experience in working with INGOs
- Excellent command of English and Arabic
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organisational skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast pace environment
- Ability to work independently
- High ethical standards
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
Please submit your application form here including a short CV (max.2 pages) and a cover letter in English, no later than February 28th 2021
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We reserve the right to close the recruitment process before the application end date.