Ended Operations Consultant
Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is looking for Operations consultant for facilitating tender for medical supplies (national position):
Position: Operations consultant for facilitating tender for medical supplies (national position)
Location: Aden, Yemen with travels inside Yemen
Contract details: Consultant
Duration: A maximum period of 2 months to complete the works as per ToR
Starting date: ASAP
(PAH) is an INGO with a mission to make the world a better place by promoting humanitarian values and alleviating human suffering caused by armed conflicts and natural disasters. Since 1992, PAH operated in almost 50 countries, reaching approximately 11 million people in need.
For more information, please refer to www.pah.org.pl.
About PAH Yemen Mission
PAH Yemen Mission has been officially established in July 2019 and currently provides humanitarian assistance in WASH and Health sectors. The key objective of our programme is to improve access to lifesaving health and WASH services at primary health level for 73,597 most vulnerable communities affected by conflict in Ad Dhale and Aden governorates.
Position reports to: Head of Programs (HoP), with close cooperation with the Program Manager and the Operations Coordinator at the HQ.
- Leading and overseeing the process related to tender process for medical supplies to be implemented in Yemen;
- Supporting Tender Commission in preparing tender documents, documentation related to offer assessment and contract execution;
- Support process of inviting suppliers to submit a bid and process during the tender process;
- Supervision of the process of quality check for the supplies and reconfirming compliance with international standards for drugs, in coordination with the pharmacist
- Ensuring that all PAH tender regulations are fully respected and followed throughout the process;
- Communication and on-going reporting to Tender Commission and PAH Management;
- Any other duties as assigned when needed;
- Estimated timeline for the support: 6 weeks, not full time, part of engagement remotely
- Deliverables: revised documents, support in creating documents produced based on the PAH’s internal regulations for tendering
- A Bachelor degree in Finance, Economics or other relevant field (a Master degree would be an asset)
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a logistics and procurement management position in a humanitarian setting
- At least 3 years of professional experience in working with INGOs
- Proven experience in conducting tender for medical supplies in Yemen for INGOs
- Excellent command of English and Arabic
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organisational skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast pace environment
- Ability to work independently
- High ethical standards
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
Please submit your application form here including a short CV (max.2 pages) and a cover letter in English, no later than February 28th 2021.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We reserve the right to close the recruitment process before the application end date.