Position: Warehouse Keeper
Reports to: Logistics Officer
Duration: Till March 31, 2021, renewable based on fund availability & performance
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
Under the direct responsibility of the Logistic Officer who is in charge of the warehousing, the Warehouse Keeper will handle receipt/dispatch and verification of commodities in order to maximize quality of warehouse operations and mitigate losses, and to support the best storage management practices in compliance with ADRA warehouse standards and established guidelines.
The Warehouse Keeper will be responsible but not limited to:
- Responsible for organizing the medications and goods in place.
- Registration and introduction of medicines.
- Follow up the expiration dates of medicines
- Inventory of warehouses and submitting monthly inventory
- Maintain the safety and storage of medicines in a good and proper manner.
- Communicate and consult with pharmacists in the process of balancing the distribution of medicines and stock.
- Apply the forms that must be used in the warehouse (Bin cards, Release Orders, Stock cards, etc.).
- Update the stock and submit report.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned by the Direct Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Diploma degree in Pharmacy/Pharmacology, or related field.
- One year experience in Warehouse Keeper Positions, Preferably in Humanitarian NGOs.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles; our key values:
- Integrity and transparency
- Communicating openly, clearly, timely and appropriately.
- Excellence in all activities
- The deadline for receiving applications is Sunday, February 28, 2021
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by CLICKING HERE
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Submit only one application per position
- Females are encouraged to apply.