Ended Logistics Officer
Contract type: Fixed term (full time).
Contract duration: 10 months subject to fund availability.
Duty Station: Will be roving between between field sub-offices in Hajjah and Alhudeida governorates according to work plan and workload with frequent visits to Head office.
Report directly to: Project Manager and Operations manager.
The National Foundation for Development and Humanitarian Response (NFDHR) is a not-for-proﬁt and nongovernmental organization (NGO) that was established June 2012 in Yemen. Our vision is a peaceful and stable Yemen free of poverty, in which all people have equal access to basic needs and human rights, and our mission is to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to aid Yemen and other conﬂict. aﬀected countries through a professional, neutral, and transparent approach
We aim to achieve our overall vision and mission by working to enhance local communities' development and stability through identifying structural causes of poverty, raising awareness, increasing access to basic services, and focusing on building citizens' capacities, especially women and youth, so as to enable their participation in the decision-making process that leads to sustainable development and a peaceful society within their developing and conﬂict-aﬀected countries. NFDHR aims to accomplish these goals through its seven core programs: Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL); Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH); Health and Nutrition; . Education; Gender and Protection; Shelter and Non-food items (NFIs); and Peace building and Governance
NFDHR is implementing “Emergency Response Project in Health and Nutrition to the Vulnerable IDPs and host communities in Hajjah and Hodeida” which is funded by UNOCHA and designed with the aim to cover the gap for people in acute need through life-saving assistance of Health and Nutrition in the targeted districts and ensuring accessibility to humanitarian assistance among the most vulnerable IDPs and the host communities in Khayran Al Muharraq & Aslam districts in Hajjah and in Al Garrahi and Bayt al-faqih Districts in Hodeida governorates.
This project goal is to further enhance and improve the sustainability of the health care system and maintain the currently established level of services provided to the community through the provision of an integrated approach, prioritizing the most vulnerable population (pregnant and lactating women, under-five children, IDPs who are merged in the hosting community and host communities) and ensure quality health services through the project activities.
The Logistic Officer is responsible for coordinating, consolidating, and ensuring smooth implementation of and adherence to logistic and security procedures and provides logistical support to NFDHR’s 7 core programs. She/he is also in charge of building the capacity of local logistics support team members. The Logistics Officer reports directly to the Operations Manager and Project Manager. This position is full-time, based on a 40-hour work week, but varies from week to week as humanitarian need constantly oscillates according to the unstable conflict environment and funding availability.
Main responsibilities and duties:
- Prepare procurement procedures in accordance with the rules, regulations and manuals adopted in coordination with the programs concerned with NFDHR.
- Prepare various procedures around project implementation within NFDHR’s Procurement Policies, including direct or urgent purchases
- Record purchases within NFDHR’s procurement documents in order to prove materials purchased are classified and entered in the financial system
- Follow-up and monitor purchased materials to ensure proper procurement and distribution to warehouses in accordance with invoices and purchase contracts
- Accomplish all related tasks through ERP System.
- Working through Portal 365.
- Document, control and execute receipt of invoices received from suppliers.
- Match supplier invoices with warehouse’s purchase orders and receipt of supplies, issued by administration, and indicate supply’s safety.
- Match the total balance of the inventory control record with the balance in the system.
- Keep inventory of suppliers' debts whose period has expired with periodic reports.
- Create a file for each resource needed/ordered, containing all correspondence and agreements between NFDHR and the supplier. Make sure all files are consistently labelled, indexed and organized to facilitate accessing and referencing it.
Coordination and Representation:
- Assist the Operations Manager in preparing the procurement plan of NFDHR and its related projects.
- Participate in the Inventory Committee periodically, and, at the end of the year, in coordination with the Warehouse Manager, match the inventory results with inventory control records and search for discrepancies (if any) and report them.
- Coordinate with the Warehouse Manager to identify stock gaps and ordering needs to ensure supplies are fully stocked for corresponding projects.
- Review the invoices received from suppliers and match them with suppliers' contracts, identify any discrepancies, if any, and follow them up.
- Follow-up late invoices with suppliers.
- Report on non-moving, slow-moving, obsolete and stagnant items.
- Other duties as assigned.
Fleet and Transport Management
- Ensure implementation of NFDHR standard vehicle policies and procedures, with particular attention to safety and security issues.
- Ensure daily/weekly/monthly checks are carried out and records are available in sequential order.
- Ensure drivers are briefed about NFDHR policies and advice on internal and external trainings.
- Ensure weekly movement plans are in place and shared on weekly basis.
Warehouse and Inventory Management
- Ensure availability of appropriate and adequate space for warehouse as per the needs of the project in designated field offices. Manage warehouse facility selection, when required.
- Ensure designated space is available to store samples received from suppliers. Ensure delivered supplies are checked against specifications and samples and no alternative quality or damaged goods are accepted.
- Ensure facilities including NFDHR office and guesthouses are well maintained and safety and security measures are in place in close collaboration with liaison and Security department.
- Manage new facility identification and selection, when required. Manage initial set-up, if applicable.
- Ensure compliance with policies to be documented through systematic and random verifications of policy implementation and Supply Chain records.
- Provide consistent and constructive support to other departments to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Promptly inform Project Manager, Operation Manager and Deputy executive director of any areas of concern for potential or suspected violations of policies and procedures.
The role of the Logistics Officer is not limited to the specific duties mentioned above. It is subject to change with the evolution of the conflict and in accordance with NFDHR’s vision and mission. As such, the Logistics Officer is required to manage all unforeseen issues and circumstances in relation to NFDHR’s logistical support functions and should remain adaptable to perform responsibilities that may not be mentioned above, as and when required.
Qualifications and competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or something similar
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in Logistics in a humanitarian/development context
- Substantial knowledge of standard logistics procedures and practices
- Basic knowledge of financial and HR procedures
- Familiarity working with procurement software
- Good level of technical skills in mechanics/IT/Communications/construction or other desired
- Experience with field level coordination with other stakeholders UN, INGOs, NNGOs and government
- Commitment to the aims and principles of NFDHR.
- English and Arabic language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure
- Capable of working collaborative with team members to achieve results
- Relates and works well with people from different cultures, genders, religions and backgrounds
If you meet the requirements stated above, please apply through the below link
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted