Ended Advisor (for Education)
Vacancy Announcement for National Personnel for the German International Cooperation / Quality of Education Improvement Programme III - QEIP III (PN. 20.2126.9-001.00) implemented by the GIZ Office Sana’a.
The wide range of services offered by the Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH are based on a wealth of regional and technical expertise and on tried and tested management know–how. We are a German Federal enterprise and offer workable, sustainable and effective solutions in political, economic and social change processes.
- Position: Advisor (for Education)
- End of Contract: 31/12/2023
- Post Location: Sana’a city with frequent travel to Aden and other governorates
The Advisor is responsible and accountable for:
- Providing professional advisory services to the Technical Office (TO) of the Ministry of Education (MoE) and the relevant sectors of Governorate Education Offices (GEOs) in capacity building for education planning, management, monitoring and coordination (output 1)
- Supporting in all QEIP activities related to output 1, following the program proposal as well as agreements with partners and with the superior.
- Supporting the TO in developing innovative IT solutions for M&E and knowledge management
- Ensuring the quality of technical, administrative and financial processes and documents are processed in compliance with the GIZ rules and regulations.
- Supporting in knowledge management and maintaining the different IT systems (DMS, IDA, MS Teams, etc).
- Coordinating operational aspects of issues related to all program work areas.
- deals with the design and conceptual preparation as well as with the implementation of trainings and other capacity development measures related to output 1;
- supports in developing formats to strengthen the coordination and communication between the central and decentral levels of the education administration (TO MoE and GEOs), and supports the partners in implementation;
- supports the TO, the relevant sectors in the MoE and GEOs in implementing the yearly operational plan and its regular monitoring;
- supports in establishing a database on education intervention by donors to strengthen the coordination role of the technical offices of the MoE
- gives technical and methodological support to partners in the development/review of the concept, related guidelines, training materials and monitoring concept and tools;
- supports synergy, cooperation and coordination among QEIP III outputs and with other GIZ projects;
- supports the TO of the MoE in efficient coordination and communication with the decentral level and development partners;
- supports in coordination of the activities (trainings, workshops, meetings, etc.)
- supports cooperation, regular contact and dialogue with partners, assists with PR works and cooperates with local communities, relevant organizations, non-governmental agencies and individuals in output 1 environment and with other projects to improve and maintain good working relationships;
- handles order management on behalf of GIZ (e.g. offer preparation, impact monitoring, project progress review, reporting);
- ensures cooperation, regular contact and dialogue with the partners;
- cooperates with local and international consultants upon request;
- regularly supports and contributes to the development of M&E system and tools;
- ensures data compilation as needed for the RBM output 1 and supports data collectors;
- monitors activities in the governorates;
- regularly updates and presents available information concerning the progress of activities;
- reacts to unexpected (negative) results in consultation with the output 1 manager.
- ensures knowledge transfer between QEIP team members;
- draws up reports and presentations, and documents, both in English and Arabic related to output 1 of program;
- supports with translation (En/Ar and Ar/En);
- collects relevant materials and documents;
- uses the DMS systematically and keeps updated all documents;
- prepares appropriate input for various reports including annual reports, and contributes to the other reports required by the project manager and GIZ Head Office;
- supports in communication, updating and collecting all information as well as reporting;
- carries out PR works, e.g. updating fact sheets, brochures and other program documents.
- keeps her/himself updated about GIZ planning, implementation and reporting procedures;
- is familiar with other project fields of activities and GIZ-assisted measures, concepts and status of implementation;
- applies the quality standards in all technical, administrative and financial processes and documents in compliance with GIZ rules and regulations;
- reports immediately any incidences which hinder the implementation;
- represents the interest of the GIZ-assisted measure and always acts on its behalf;
- carries out other tasks for the program, even if they are not explicitly cited in the job description at the request of project coordinator or program manager.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- At University degree (preferably master’s degree) in education, preferably in education planning and management, educational technology or related fields.
- At least 3 -5 years of working experience in a comparable position in the education sector
- In-depth knowledge of the Yemeni education system with a focus on basic and secondary education, with specific strengths in education policy, education planning and monitoring in the context of crisis, capacity building, educational technology and e-learning.
- At least 3 years of experience in working with international organizations
- Strong technical writing skills and experience in editing and reviewing reports.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Strong ability for teamwork and coping flexibly with challenging conditions.
- Very good analytical skills and proven knowledge of research methods
- Very good working knowledge/competences of IC technologies (related software) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office, Photoshop, InDesign, …etc)
- Digital literacy
- Fluent written and oral knowledge of English and Arabic languages; working knowledge of German would be an asset.
- Willingness to up skill as required by the tasks to be performed
- Holds a valid driving licence.
- Willingness to travel to other governorates upon the request of the management.
Please write the full subject line as indicated below, and send your application (cover letter) and CV in English and Arabic to the following:
E-mail address: email@example.com
Subject title: Advisor (for Education) - QEIP - applicant name
Please note that only applications mentioning the full title will be considered.
Deadline for receipt applications is: 08.03.2021
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Should you be invited for interview, you will be asked to present all certificates mentioned in your CV. You will also be asked to provide two relevant professional references to be contacted.