Advisor (for School Counselling and Community Participation)
Vacancy Announcement for National Personnel for the German International Cooperation / Quality of Education Improvement Programme III - QEIP III (PN. 20.2126.9-001.00) implemented by the GIZ Office Sana’a.
The wide range of services offered by the Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH are based on a wealth of regional and technical expertise and on tried and tested management know–how. We are a German Federal enterprise and offer workable, sustainable and effective solutions in political, economic and social change processes.
- Position: Advisor (for School Counselling and Community Participation)
- End of Contract: 31/12/2023
- Post Location: Sana’a city with travel to Aden and other governorates
The Advisor is responsible and accountable for:
- Providing professional advisory services in strengthening decentralized capabilities to the relevant sectors in the MoE and target GEOs, DEOs and schools in School Counselling (SC), including Psycho-Social Educational Support (PSES) and Community Participation (CP).
- Managing all QEIP III output 2 activities related to SC and CP following the programme proposal as well as agreements with partners and with the superior.
- Participating in planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting about output 2.
- Innovation and knowledge management in the field of SD focusing on SC and CP and exchange of experiences within QEIP.
- Ensuring the quality of technical, administrative and financial processes and documents in compliance with the GIZ rules and regulations.
- Monitoring, documenting and frequently reporting on results and experiences related to SC, including PSES and CP.
- deals Supports relevant sectors in the MoE and target GEOs, DEOs and schools in developing, implementing and monitoring SD activities with a special focus on activities related to SC, PSES, CP, and Social Work (SW), dealing with FMCs, local councils, local NGOs and other communities institutions, parents, School-Based Trainers (SBTs) and School Social Workers (SSWs), local councils, local NGOs and the other communities institutions, parents..
- Deals with the design and conceptual preparation as well as with the implementation of trainings and other capacity development measures, especially for FMCs, SSWs and parents in the project areas
- Gives technical and methodological support to counterparts for the development of concepts, guidelines, training materials and monitoring concepts related to SC and CP in general and FMCs, parents and SSWs with a special focus on enhancing access of girls, IDPs and other vulnerable groups.
- Develops and organises quality assurance measures and suggests necessary changes, improvements and initiatives improving SC, CP and PSES.
- Coordinates the activities (trainings, workshops, meetings, etc.) related to SC, CP, SW and PSES from a technical perspective.
- Coordinates closely with other projects' activities, as well as with other activities from partner institutions and other stakeholders.
- Supports cooperation, regular contact and dialogue between different partners at central, governorate, district and school levels related to SC, CP, SW and PSES.
- Maintains good working relationships with relevant other organizations, non-governmental agencies and individuals.
- Communicates regularly with the QEIP governorate advisors and assists them with organizing the activities and logistical aspects
- Cooperates with local and international consultants upon request.
- Maintains strong internal coordination and integration between SC, CP and SW activities and those of AF1 and AF3 and supports possible synergies with other GIZ projects.
- Supports and contributes to the development of the M&E system and tools of output 2
- Ensures data compilation as needed for the RBM of the activity field 2.
- Monitors activities of SC, CP and SW in the piloted governorates within the framework of SD domains
- Regularly updates and presents available information concerning the progress of SC, CP and SW activities within the framework of SD domains.
- Reacts to unexpected (positive or negative) results in consultation with the component manager/ project coordinator.
- Ensures that all monitoring activities are fully documented.
- Ensures knowledge transfer between QEIP team members.
- Draws up reports and presentation documents, both in English and Arabic.
- Supports with translation (En/Ar and Ar/En).
- Collects all relevant materials and information related to FMCs, parents, SBTs and SSWs, and PSES.
- Uses the DMS systematically and helps to update component documents.
- Prepares appropriate input for various component reports including annual reports and contributes to the other reports required by the project manager and GIZ Head Office.
- Supports in communication, updating and collecting all information regarding SC, CP and SW.
- Reports on all activities related to SC, CP and SW.
- Keeps self-updated about GIZ planning, implementation and reporting procedures.
- Familiar with other project field of activities and GIZ-assisted measures, concepts and status of implementation.
- Reports immediately any incidences which hinder the implementation
- Represents the interest of the GIZ-assisted measure and always acts on its behalf.
- Carries out other tasks for the project, even if these are not explicitly cited in the job description at the request of project coordinator or programme manager.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University degree (preferably master’s degree) in education, preferably in School Counselling, School Social Work, or other comparable fields.
- At least 3 -5 years of experience in technical advisory of international education programs.
- In-depth knowledge of basic and secondary education, with focus on school counselling, school social work, community participation specific strengths in Girls’ education in the context of crisis,
- Proven work record in applying participatory approaches in education
- Good understanding and experience in e-learning
- Strong technical writing skills and experience in editing and reviewing reports.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies related software, and computer application (e.g. MS Office).
- Digital literacy
- Fluent written and oral knowledge of English and Arabic languages and a working knowledge of German would be an asset.
- Willingness to up-skill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with the line manager.
- Stress resilience and teamwork spirit.
- Very good presentation, moderation, negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Willingness to travel regularly to other governorates upon request.
- Holds valid driving licence.
Please write the full subject line as indicated below, and send your application (cover letter) and CV in English and Arabic to the following:
E-mail address: email@example.com
Subject title: Advisor (for School Counselling) - QEIP - applicant name
Please note that only applications mentioning the full title will be considered.
Deadline for receipt applications is: 08.03.2021
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Should you be invited for interview, you will be asked to present all certificates mentioned in your CV. You will also be asked to provide two relevant professional references to be contacted.