Ended Administration Associate (Construction Management)
WFP, SAVING LIVES... CHANGING LIVES
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) in Yemen is pleased to announce the below Service Contract vacancy advertisement. We would highly appreciate if you could circulate this Announcement to all interested.
Contract type: Service Contract
Contract duration: 1 year with possibility of extension
Duty Station: Sana’a, Yemen
Application deadline: 17th March 2021 @11:59 p.m. (Yemen time)
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. We are the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change.
Aiming to feed 13 million of the most vulnerable people with food assistance, WFP’s emergency response in Yemen is the agency’s largest anywhere in the world. WFP also provides nutrition support to 1.7 million children and mothers, and delivers school meals to 850,000 children each day.
To coordinate and provide high quality, client-focused and value-for-money oriented administration services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Review requests for new constructions or rehabilitation works, carry out survey and technical assessments and prepare reports with recommendations for follow up actions.
- Conduct field assessment and technical survey including design and technical and shop drawings as per WFP design and drawing guides for the basic and low risk infrastructure.
- Review contractor’s payment certificates and invoices for the infrastructure projects and certify work quality and preparation of payment for contractor.
- Draft monthly, quarterly or ad hoc field reports for infrastructure projects.
- Support supervise the construction works in the field, and administer the works execution as per the contractual provisions and the design specifications.
- Provide technical guidance that support a successful construction procurement process whenever needed.
- Assist provide the technical input to the preparation of tenders, during bid evaluation process as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of project / contract documentations such as periodic progress reports, site monitoring reports, Engineer’s Instructions and Variation Orders, Contractor’s bills review reports, certifications, client hand-over documents and contracts close-out reports.
- Assist to ensure that WFP procedures and standards adhere to all project implementation activities.
- Provide data and information about project works to WFP Admin Officer for reporting purposes.
- Other duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is preferable.
Experience: Five or more years of work experience in Construction Management.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language. Fluency (level C) in Arabic language.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFP’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
- Be a force for positive change: Implements new methods or tools to improve team’s work processes and productivity.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Maps team’s activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
- Create an inclusive culture: Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
- Focus on getting results: Monitors team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
- Be Decisive: Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
- Build strong external partnerships: Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and team’s efforts to ensure that they will fulfill the needs of internal and external partners.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Business Support Services & Reporting||Applies strong ability to identify country level requirements and develop customer focused solutions and action plans. Communicates data-based findings in a highly impactful way that is tailored to the audience.|
|Internal Controls & Risk Management||Utilises understanding of risk management approaches and internal controls to monitor projects and programmes to confirm regulatory compliance, ensure data integrity and ensure client satisfaction.|
|Resource Management||Monitors trends in staffing and resource usage to anticipate and escalate potential issues to programme leaders and key clients.|
|Specialised Knowledge in Administrative Services||Demonstrates a broad or specialist knowledge of administration best practices, techniques and processes, and a good grasp of WFP standards, processes, and infrastructure in area of responsibility; applies this to ensure the provision of efficient and effective administration services.|
|Customer Focus||Monitors and supervises administrative work against the established standards and protocols for service excellence. Ensures that customer problems are identified and resolved.|
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has experience in analyzing complex data.
- Has experience working with SAP based ERP.
- Has experience in Travel management or Hospitality business.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The applicant should either be a Yemeni national or have a valid Yemeni Residence/work permit at the time of application.
- Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted
- Applications must be submitted online with:
- Use English language only
- Indicate all your job TOR
- indicate clear years of experience with each job (Month/Year)
- WFP staff who are still under probation period are not eligible to apply for another FT position.
- WFP staff on FT contracts must have completed one year in the current position to be eligible to apply for another FT position.
- By submitting your application, you have read the Terms of Reference for this position and agree that any false, wrong or incomplete information might lead to your disqualification in this recruitment process.
- Successful candidates vetted as viable candidates through the application process will be retained on internal roster for a two-year period and may be given further consideration for future similar specific position advertised in the duty station.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 17th March 2021
To apply for this vacancy:
Link for WFP Staff: Click here
Link For Non-WFP candidates: Click here
WFP never uses external recruitment agencies and recruitment is always is free of charge. WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. The selection of staff are made on a competitive basis and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance. Only applicants whose profiles meet the advertised job requirements will be considered and only within the announced deadline.
لا يقوم برنامج الأغذية العالمي بالاستعانة ابداً بأشخاص او بوكالات خارجية في التوظيف، علماً بان عملية التوظيف دائماً مجانية. يبحث برنامج الأغذية العالمي عن مرشحين من أعلى درجات النزاهة والكفاءة المهنية والذين يتقاسمون مبادئنا الإنسانية.
يتم اختيار الموظفين على أساس تنافسي ونحن ملتزمون بتعزيز التنوع والتوازن بين الجنسين. سيتم النظر فقط للمتقدمين الذين تفي ملفاتهم الشخصية بمتطلبات الوظيفة المعلن عنها، وفقط خلال الموعد النهائي المعلن
Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.