Ended Deputy Logistics Manager
Solidarités International seeks to recruit:
Deputy Logistics Manager
Location of position: AL MOKHA, Yemen
I. Presentation of organization
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts and natural disasters. SI’s mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
SI has opened a mission in Yemen in 2017 and it has an operational base in Al Mokha with a sub-office in Al Khokha. The mission currently consists of an emergency and post-emergency program with a WASH-focused approach in the districts of the West coast, in Taiz and Hudaydah governorates.
The position will be based in Al MOKHA.
II. Responsibilities and Tasks:
The Deputy Logistics Manager supports the Logistics Manager in in the implementation and supervision of all logistics activities in the base.
S/he supervises the supply management of his/her assigned base in accordance with SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL (SI) and donors’ procedures.
S/he participates to the management of vehicle fleet, communication, transport, stock and premises management.
S/He assists with logistical training and is one of the guarantors for implementing and respecting SI logistics procedures.
S/He assists the Logistics Manager in the implementation of safety and security rules.
List of main tasks:
Under the direct management of the logistics manager, the deputy logistics manager will:
Supervise the processing of mission orders and implementation of the purchasing process
- Participate to analysis of the purchasing environment (Market Analysis, benchmarks, price & supplier lists…) in close collaboration with Logistics Manager
- Ensure all procurement activities comply with SI and donors’ rules and procedures and inform the Logistics Manager in the event of a problem or delay
- Take part in selecting suppliers, and negotiating prices, deadlines and delivery modes
- Draft supply/service/work contracts and amendments for Logistics Manager validation
- Draft Framework agreements with regular suppliers
- Supervise all procurement activities managed at base level by the Supply team: quotations, IOF validation and processing, bid analysis review, procurement planning before transmission to the Logistics Manager
- Ensure IOF, framework contracts and contracts follow-ups are up to date and inform programs of the progress of their orders processing
Vehicle Fleet Management
- Validate the vehicles movement schedules
- Ensure that the maintenance and the reparation of each vehicle is done on a regular basis by the supplier
- Ensure that a complete breakdown kit is available on board all vehicles
- Ensure that all drivers have received general training and carry out regular testing
- Ensure that drivers are aware of their obligations to adhere to Solidarités International safety rules and procedures
- Supervise that vehicle logistics books are in place and are used correctly
- Ensure that all vehicles have accompanying administrative documents and that these are correctly filed and monitored
- Supervise the movement tracking of the vehicles done by the Radio Operator.
Telecommunications Equipment Management
- Identify the needs of Telecommunication in accordance with the Logistics Manager’s strategy
- Optimize and perceived distribution of materials/assets according to task needs in collaboration with the Logistic Manager
- Train teams in the use of these communication means
- Cooperation with the Logistics Manager in the collection of the requests for ICT material and their maintenance.
- Ensure the procedure for delivery requests/on-site reclamation is efficient and well known
- Make sure the delivery forms are properly filled and understood by all the team
- Make sure that the transportation needs correspond to the program needs, and take part in drafting transport contracts.
- Ensure that all documents relating to the transport of goods and equipment are understood and well filled by the team: delivery voucher, packing list, distribution voucher, authorization of transporting the goods etc.
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of field delivery procedures and share ideas with the Logistics Manager for optimizing the procedures. Monitor loading/unloading at the delivery site
- Make sure that outgoing truck loads to specific sites/buildings, delivery forms and Out of stock cards for equipment delivered by the technical service correspond.
- Identify the needs of daily workers required for the deliveries
- Make sure that the stock report is well filed. well as the different tools used for the stock management are delivered by the Technical service are valid (location, focal point, etc.)
- Ensure that monthly physical inventories are carried out and reconciled with theoretical inventories
- Make sure the warehousing facility is properly setup, up to standards, well-kept and that stock management procedures are in place (in/out stock cards, regular inventory, etc.)
Supervising the maintenance and follow up of SI’s premises and infrastructures
- Ensure that the premises are in clean and proper conditions.
- Ensure and monitor the quality and quantity of all furniture’s and supplies items in all facilities (office, house, etc) with the approval of the Logistic Manager.
- Ensure all maintenance of the premises and equipment are done
- Ensure Solidarités International offices and living accommodation are well maintained and all improvements of the building are identified and done
- Manage the planning of accommodation for the external visitors
- Ensure emergency food box and equipment box is available in all locations
- Ensure first aid box, fire extinguishers are present in all locations
Manage field equipment:
- Make sure that field equipment is in good working order: generators pump motors, etc.
- Schedule regular maintenance of equipment used in the field
- Monitor the use of fuel for field equipment
- Schedule regular maintenance of equipment used in the field
- Make sure that bases and guest houses are properly maintained (buildings, electricity, plumbing and equipment) and report any problems to the Logistics Manager
- Prepare, obtain the validation and pass on orders for purchases made in the field respecting Solidarités International procedures
Human Resources Management
- Participate in the recruitment and induction of national logistics staff.
- Ensure the regular appraisals of staff members under direct line management are conducted
- Assist the implementation of training and capacity building of the team, under the lead of the Logistics Manager and in coordination with HR department as relevant.
- Take part in the assessment of team performance.
- Supervise and monitor potential conflicts within the teams and inform the Logistics Manager in case of a problem. Monitor the teams to ensure that they are adhering to health and safety regulations.
- Ensure all staff under his/her the management comply with SI Code of Conduct, security protocols and internal regulation while carrying out all logistics activities.
- Ensure proper archiving of key logistics documents and filling system in accordance with SI’s standard procedures
- Prepare and submit weekly update reports on the progress of logistics activities / logistics data collection to the logistics manager
- Co-animate with the Logistics manager and actively participate in weekly meetings with all team members
- Ensure the collection and compilation of information about the progresses of logistics activities for the consolidation of the monthly logistics pack by the logistics manager
- Provide the logistics manager with all information needed to draft intermediary and final reports to donors
- Represent SI on behalf of the logistics manager and collaborate with relevant bodies: local authorities, suppliers, landlords…
- Ensure the compilation of the stock report and monthly sent to the logistic manager
- Provide the Logistics manager with all information needed to draft intermediary and final reports
- Report any issue concerning logistics matters to the Logistics Manager
Security & Safety
- Timely inform the Logistics Manager and Field Coordinator about any relevant security or safety issue
- Take part in the Security & Safety Committee
- Perform monthly checks of emergency kits (fire and first aid) and toolboxes in vehicles and premises. Make sure they are in place, complete and items not expired
- Support the implementation of safety measures as determined by Field Co and the coordination team and ensure they are respected by the team
The list above is not strictly definitive; an employee working within the framework of these tasks may carry out other tasks if asked to do so by his/her line manager.
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
Line manager: Logistics Manager
Line report(s): Supply supervisor, Radio Operator/IT Officer
Functional manager: -
III. Profile Required:
- Minimum BA in technical field (computer sciences, business administration, engineering, etc.)
- At least 2 years of experience in logistics department in sub-office of INGO
Required Professional Characteristics:
- Knowledge in both INGO procurement processes and operational logistics procedures
- Knowledge of basic compliance standards within logistics
- Excellent knowledge of Pack Office (Excel, Word and Power Point)
- Native Arabic - Excellent English level (written and spoken)
- Experience in team management/ capacity building is an asset
- Knowledge of the local humanitarian context
- Good understanding of the security context
Required Personal Characteristics
- Proactive, very motivated, eager to learn and hard worker
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Analysis and reporting capabilities
- Independence, an ability to take the initiative and a sense of responsibility
- Capacity to delegate and to supervise the work of a multidisciplinary team
- Trustworthiness and rigor
- Ability to plan ahead and out put oriented
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks
Please submit your application (ID, CV, cover letter, photocopies of diplomas, certificates of employment etc.) to Solidarités International by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Title of the related position must be written in the email subject.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension.
Final date for applications: 10th April 2021
Solidarités International is an equal opportunity employer. The organization shall not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in advertisements for employment, recruitment and other conditions of employment, preventing discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Adhering to Solidarités International means to comply with our Charter, Code of Conduct, Whistleblowing Policy & PSEA Policy.
Within Solidarités International Yemen female applications are very encouraged