Ended Warehouses Officer (Canceled)
CONTRACT LENGTH: end of 2021( Renewable )
Level 3: the role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; ore because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
Warehouse Officer will provide technical support to SCI warehousing operations, ensures the safe reception, storage, distribution and reporting of movements within the warehouse. Works closely with the Supply Chain Coordinator & is involved in the planning of stock movements, has financial responsibility for daily operational needs (petty cash) including payment of daily workers, purchases of consumables & other related operational costs. Ensures SCI standard warehousing documents are filled in correctly and handed over in a timely manner.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to; Supply Chain Coordinator
Reporting to: Warehouse Assistant
Budget responsibility: TBD
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
- In conjunction with the Supply Chain Coordinator ensure the safe reception, storage and distribution of freight, product, and supplies: recording movements and reporting on goods. This may include:
- Has overview of In/Out bound activities and maintains records of those activities
- Communication link to SCI Logistics for transport providers arrival and departure times.
- Oversees the loading and unloading as per SCI requirements.
- Maintains records of daily workers, schedules tasks, provides payments and ensures tasks are completed as planned.
- Monitors documentation entries for receiving and dispatching of goods, assists with entries for stock movements.
- Manage and control the GIKs.
- Responsible and operate the TIM (Total Inventory Management ) system in Hodeida such as support whole area in north
- Investigate causes of lost or damaged shipments and other matters; make adjustments where necessary.
- Plans layout for incoming stock and oversees the stack erection.
- Rotates the stock and resizes for best fit as and when required.
- Ensures filing of updated information and carries out spot checks.
- Prepares Cleaning schedule of the Warehouses, stock and carries out checks to ensure highest standards of cleanliness.
- Schedules regular pest controls and maintains the records of visits.
- Cycle counting as and when requested by the Area Logistic Officer and Area Manager.
- Reports hazards and health and safety issues within the warehouse and maintains a record as well actions taken
- Opens and closes the warehouse and all of the temporary warehouses.
- Supervise the warehouse employs and logs assistant (warehouse).
- Ensure the documents of asset and warehouse procedures.
- Follow up and review the stock report and warehouse weekly/monthly report to be sent to the Area log officer.
- Produce the asset report and send it in monthly bases.
- Supporting the fields assistants for warehouse issues.
- Perform any other work related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (SCI Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
- At least Bachelor's degree education level.
- Warehouse certified training or equivalent (preferred)
- Minimum 3 years warehousing experience, preferably in a Humanitarian sector, Commercial experience dealing with containerize goods also highly regarded.
- Knowledgeable in handling of goods stacking, loading and unloading with the ability to pass on that knowledge through the use of basic training methods such as Power Point presentations and or on the job training.
- Proven ability and knowledge of basic recording keeping.
- Working as part of a team
- Advanced level of computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft programs such as Microsoft Outlook, word, excel, Power point. (Preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of warehouse standard Systems, data bases, documentation processes and stock control.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
Employee Status: Fixed Term