Ended Project Assistant (2)
Project Assistant (2) – Lahj/Aden
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 14 million beneficiaries with 300 international staff and 4,400 national staff.
ACTED has been presented in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Al Hodeidah, Raymah, Ibb, Al Dhale’e, Saadah, Al Jawf, Aden, and Dhamar.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g., distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g., income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g., rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Project Assistant (2)
Contract Type: Fixed term
Contract Duration: 3 months
- Manage a team of daily workers
- Ensures all activities are in line with general protection principles as relevant, including maintaining confidentiality of beneficiaries and colleagues and consideration of gender concerns
Meetings / Coordination
- Coordinate with project colleagues
- Participate in external coordination meetings as requested by project officer
- Organizes and participates in external meetings with community leaders and cooperatives, as requested by project officer
- Participates in internal and external trainings as requested
- Implement the activities on the field as agreed with the project officer
- Ensure community acceptance of the project through positive interactions and clear communication to beneficiaries and communities in the field.
- Takes into consideration the AMEU’s recommendations as communicated by the project officer
- Coordinate with contractors as requested by the project officer
- Implements complaints and response mechanism (CRM) as agreed with AME and project officer
- Assists the project officer in the appropriate documentation of the project activities:
- Assist project officer in conducting the mapping for CSO’s in the target districts as per the list shared with MoSAL
- Assist project officer in conducting the Grassroots Organizations Capacity Assessment (GOCA) to the CSO’s who have passed the mapping stage as per the mapping ranking system and collect the relevant data from CSO’s
- Assist project officer in supporting the CSO’s during the pre- and post-training phase
- Assist project officer in Supporting and following up CSOs in organizing their activities.
- Assist project officer in Supporting CSOs in prioritizations ordering in community needs identification in close collaboration with CSOs members, community leaders and project team.
- Assist project officer in Supporting CSOs to provide accurate data on community level.
- Assist project officer in conducting GOCA baseline and end line data collection if/as requested.
- Provide regular and timely report on the activities implemented for the project officer
- Coordinate with database team to ensure the data entry
- Take photos and draft occasional success stories as identified in the field and by PD team.
- Reports ideas and information from project staff or field visits, which may assist in future project proposals. Such information will be included in reports.
Security & Liaison
- Considers safety and security in the field for the team and the beneficiaries.
- Immediately report all incidents to the project officer.
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience):
- University degree in a relevant field;
- Must have at least one-year experience in CSOs capacity building, subgrants and have an excellent background in IDPs related activities;
- Experience in beneficiary’s identification approach;
- Experience in livelihood and agriculture activities;
- Field oriented personality: the position requires regular travels to the field for several weeks;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.);
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, as well as the ability to communicate clearly and efficiently with a variety of audiences (e.g. CSOs, beneficiaries, community committees, and other team members);
- Preferable experience in a project implementation position in an NGO;
- Excellent team-work skills;
- Flexible, with the ability to cope with stressful situations;
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed Cover Letter + CV in English to: email@example.com
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: Project Assistant – Lahj/Aden
- Candidates must rename CV: (First & Surname + Project Assistant – Lahj Aden).
- The closing date for applications is Thursday, 8 April 2021.
- Candidates from Lahj/Aden governorate are strongly encouraged to apply.
Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date.
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification.