Ended WATSAN Specialist
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), is an International Humanitarian Organization providing medical aid to populations in distress, victims of natural and man made disasters and victims of armed conflict, regardless of race, religion and political believes. For more information, visit our Arabic website, www.msf-me.org
Médecins Sans Frontières - France is looking for Yemeni nationals to recruit for the following position:
Location: Coordination – Sanaa (with movements to projects: Aden, Amran, Saada, etc).
Contract duration: One year (renewable)
Contract type: Full time contract
To Start: ASAP
Planning, coordinating, implementing and monitoring all logistics activities in the project related to Water, Health and Sanitation, according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure an optimal running of the project.
KEY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In collaboration with the Project Coordinator and the Logistics Coordinator, planning, elaborating and reviewing the annual budget for the Watsan activities in order to identify and give a response to the needs of the mission and the targeted population.
- Monitoring on a day-to-day basis the implementation of the Watsan activities in the project ensuring compliance of MSF standards, protocols and procedures, and reporting to the Project Coordinator on the development of the ongoing programmes including the following:
- Designing, implementing and managing all Watsan interventions in the project. (including, but not limited to: water supply, excreta disposal, waste management, hygiene, and infection control
- Conducting routine Watsan assessments in collaboration with project medical teams to identify Watsan needs at project level, and making recommendations for response activities to the line manager (e.g. Project/Field Coordinator, Watsan Coordinator/Referent/Focal Point). Ensuring the Watsan contribution to the development and planning of emergency response strategies and resources, in collaboration with the medical and logistical teams
- Ensuring availability, proper purchasing, and appropriate technical specifications of required materials and equipment through planning, organizing and overseeing the inventory of the Watsan stock
- In collaboration with the Project Coordinator, Logistics Coordinator and the HR Coordinator, participating in the planning and implementation of HR associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, detection of potential, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required to correctly perform all logistics activities pertaining to his area
- Providing technical support to the medical team in identifying possible "risk factors" (e.g. behavioral practices, environmental sources of infection, and transmission routes) and offers solutions for infection control. Actively contributing to the integration of Watsan activities in the medical intervention offering project proposals and work plans.
- Ensuring proper collection and monitoring of Watsan data. Ensuring multidisciplinary data availability. Providing analysis of data and regular reporting of results (as requested by line management)).
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
Academic background in engineering or an equivalent relevant training.
WATSAN in Emergencies Training within MSF is strongly recommended
Previous experience in technical aspects of water and sanitation works.
Minimum of 6-months of hands on field emergency WHS professional experience in a humanitarian or international development setting.
Desirable: experience in or familiar with implementing and promoting the use of two or more of the following activities (water supply, excreta disposal, waste and waste water management, vector control, and dead bodies management) in two or more different contexts (conflicts, natural disasters, refugee/IDP camps, etc.)
Desirable: public health background or experience, implication in hospital waste management
Previous experience with MSF would be an advantage.
English is essential; Arabic is desirable.
- People Management and Development
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
Médecins sans Frontières France – Sanaa
Applications must be in English language. Candidates should submit a Cover Letter, CV, copies of qualifications/trainings and copies of Experience Certificates.
Please send your application to email@example.com
Please; the subject of the email should be: “ WATSAN Specialist”
Deadline for application: 10/04/2021
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. No face-to-face contact or phone contact will be considered. Any documents sent to MSF-F (CV, cover letter, copies of diploma, recommendations letters) will not be returned by MSF-F.