Ended MEAL Assistant (Accountability)
Terms of Reference
Organization & Background:
A humanitarian, independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization that works across Yemen. The organization provides direct assistance for conflict-affected populations, IDPs, host communities and vulnerable groups in the conflict areas. The organization, in partnership with international agencies, takes action during crisis situations, and goes the extra mile to engage in other contexts where its competencies will add value. The organization promotes durable solutions for conflict-affected populations and helps to restore services, education, economic, wellbeing and health.
The purpose of the MEAL Assistant (Accountability) role is to support and contribute to the organization’s Complaints, Response and Feedback Mechanism (CRFM). The Complaints, Response Mechanism Assistant will ensure that the organization’s accountability mechanisms are in place in all the organization’s Area and Field offices to strengthen the quality and accountability of the organization’s programmes. He/she will be the focal person in managing complaints and feedback, and to address such feedback and complaints in a safe and responsive manner.
Support the establishment and management of the Complaints & feedback Response Mechanism for all the organization’s projects:
- Maintain an effective record and filling the database with all complaints solved and pending issues including correspondences with subsequent regular updates to the respective organization’s focal point;
- Ensure regular maintenance of complaints and feedback database/information system, and ensure information is shared on a regular basis;
- Support the M&E and Program teams in activity implementation, to ensure beneficiary access to CRM channels (feedback days, complaints booths, field visits…)
- Compile data and submit internal and accurate reports to the concerned programs/projects on a weekly basis;
- Ensure that confidentiality of complaint data is respected;
- Ensure follow up of decision taken;
- Build staff awareness and commitment to complaints mechanism, ensuring that AAP & MEAL policies are respected;
- Implement improvements to the complaints process to improve efficiency and handling of complaint data and,
Handling of the toll-free lines system:
- Receive complaints and feedback via the dedicated free line and ensure all information is properly documented;
- Provide accurate information related to the subject callers’ matter and other related ongoing activities when possible;
- Receive complaints and feedback referred from field/enrolment staff and ensure proper documentation;
- Refer sensitive complaints to relevant personnel within the organization’s senior management team and,
- Support to ensure complaints are closed within the appropriate timeframe;
Reporting and Referrals:
- Submit internal, and accurate reports to the concerned programs/projects. The reports will be submitted weekly, or daily according to the urgency of the call; include monthly recommendations, if needed, to projects/programs and program managers as received.
- Accurately refer cases internally within the departments of the organization – with the support of the MEAL sector focal point;
- Liaise with assist enrolment team and senior management to ensure that feedback and complaints are addressed and resolved and,
- Respond to beneficiaries’ complaints as per the Complaints Response Mechanism (CRM).
- Other MEAL duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree Social/humanitarian Sciences or other related fields
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Arabic
- Good computer skills.
- Three years’ experience working with NGOs, or related field.
- Good team player; able to take direction and work collaboratively with others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate in a highly professional manner with beneficiaries, community members, and partners.
- Able to complete required reporting and documentation within the set deadlines.
- Highly motivated, creative, and compassionate person who is dedicated to ensuring that models of best practice are utilized.
- Able to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality.
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work in a challenging environment.
- Ability to promote the values of equality, non-discrimination, and human rights for all.
Interested candidates are to invited to apply through the below link by April 12, 2021 at the latest:
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.