Ended HR & Administration Assistant
Job Title: HR & Administration Assistant
Band/ Level / Grade: 9B
Location: Yemen | Hodeida
Overtime Eligible: Per local law
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC Yemen began its programs in October 2012. Currently IRC Yemen is operating in eight governorates in the south and north of Yemen through direct programming and through local partnerships, in Health, WASH, Nutrition, Economic Recovery Development, Education, Child Protection, Gender and Women Protection and Empowerment.
SCOPE OF WORK: Under the Supervision of the Snr. Field Manager, the HR & Administration Assistant is responsible for supporting recruitment, onboarding, national staff /casual contract management, performance management, time and leave management and supporting the field office in Hodeida.
WORKING RELATIONS: The HR& Admin Assistant will work closely with the HR & Administration and the Field Management team to ensure HR &Administration processes are seamlessly implemented and in line with the IRC Yemen policies and guidelines. The position is in contact with staff and should ensure that the HR & Administration department proactively provides seamless and people friendly services in line with IRC Yemen policies and guidelines.
- With support from the recruitment team, assist with implementation of recruitment processes in the field office including advertising positions in the field using the field recruitment guidelines.
- Coordinates recruitment support services to ensure HR delivers effective recruitment support to line managers in the field according to agreed standards and timelines.
- Extracting of applications from the relevant sites as where positions have been advertised and sharing with the recruitment team as the need arises.
- Proactively participate in recruitment processes including interview scheduling, interviewing, preparation of outcome reports and reference checks.
- Good interpersonal skills that function across a diversity of multi-cultures work environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, time management and communications skills.
On-boarding and staff orientation:
- Working with the Snr. Field Manager and HR section in coordinating and facilitating a comprehensive orientation program for all new staff.
- On-boarding new staff into IRC administration and staff policies. Ensure all policies are signed at reporting day and the policies are well articulated during the onboarding process.
- Periodically support the orientation of staff on IRC HR Policies and procedures.
- Maintain an oversight on contract periods and initiate discussion on contract reviews with line managers.
- Preparation of service contracts for casuals and maintaining the service contracts trackers.
- Preparing consultancy contracts upon receiving the approved requisition
- Support preparation of pay actions that need approval for payroll implementation including overtime, pay increments, allowances, etc.
- Ensuring all contracts/casuals payment requisitions are done in a timely manner.
- Supports the HR & Administration team in following up on performance management process for IRC Staff in the field office.
- Coordinating with line managers on performance management due dates and ensuring that performance management processes are followed.
- Follow up on submission of completed performance management forms and ensure performance goals are set and timely submitted.
- Timely updating the performance management tracker and ensuring that all eligible staff have participated in the performance management process.
- Provide direction on the leave application process and be the custodian of leave application for field Staff.
- Verification of leave, timesheet leave, and coordinate accordingly.
- Updating the timesheet tracking, leave schedule on a monthly basis and sharing it with the HR Manager.
- Maintain staff attendance by checking records on finger print device and generate a weekly record to share with the Field manager
- Follow up with staff on leave utilization and staff leave plans.
Support to Field Operations.
- The HR/ admin assistant is the custodian of the field office petty cash, and in adherence with IRC petty cash policy.
- Support and assist in coordinating HR communication between other field offices.
- Ensure that standard IRC forms are made available to the field staff, and they are utilized in the appropriate manner.
Reporting and Database management
- Ensure updating of all recruitment trackers, leave plan, service contract, leave data base, timesheet database, master contract list for office field staff, and other adhoc reports prepared and consolidated for management use as appropriate.
- Maintain updated staff files at field level.
- Ensure that all staff in Hodeida are fully equipped with office working tools including phone and Sim card with the coordination of Sana’a office.
- Update contact list of IRC field office staff.
- Supervise cleaners and ensure that IRC office, WH and Guest House are always clean and fully supplied with all needs and requirement.
- Distribute correspondence including internal memos and; maintenance of mail registers.
- Maintain central files and administration files. Ensure confidentiality of critical files.
- Carry out other related duties as requested by supervisor.
- Update airtime mobile SIM tracker & staff contact list when required in coordination with supervisor.
- Assist in updating medical and life insurance database upon onboarding/exit of staff.
- Verification of leave prior to approval, updating the leave tracker on weekly basis.
- Experience in the same field is preferable.
- Ability of good speaking and writing in English and Arabic
- The ability to focus on details
- Team spirit, good communications and interact with others
- The ability to work independently.
- Personal attributes: Conscientious, Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle stress well, and strong interpersonal skills
- Skills in using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and makes sure policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
- Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link:
- CV, Copies of the academic and work certificates should be submitted in the system.
Deadline for Applying: April 13, 2021. System will stop receiving CVs at 12:00 A.M. of April 13, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.