Ended MEAL Officer
ZOA is a Netherlands based International NGO which offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities, we work on their RECOVERY until they can take care of their livelihoods. ZOA has been operational in Yemen since 2012, mainly focusing on WASH and Food security & Livelihoods interventions in Sana’a, Hajjah, Al Mahwit and Aden Governorates. ZOA Yemen is currently seeking for national qualified candidates for:
MEAL Officer Sanaa – 1 position
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and learning (MEAL) officer manages information and reporting processes and products to ensure professional, high-quality communication about ZOA Yemen’s Programmatic activities and results. The MEAL officer will also play an important role in improving information management and data quality, and in strengthening knowledge sharing and learning across the organization. The MEAL officer will assume responsibility for full-cycle monitoring and evaluation of ZOA Yemen’s field programs, developing appropriate methodologies and tools to design project evaluations. The MEAL officer ensures that all project specific MEAL data in the programme area is collected and analysed according to the MEAL plan and design as agreed with the MEAL Coordinator and the Area coordinator or program Manager. The MEAL officer at the country office is expected to support the overall implementation of the complaints and feedback mechanism and support the liaison team in requesting approvals for MEAL exercises from the authorities.
The MEAL officer has been assigned with responsibility and holds delegated authority for:
- Develop, implement and assess monitoring frameworks for all ZOA partnerships and projects and well as for funding proposals.
- Together with sector specialists and the MEAL coordinator, design and or provide imports to technical surveys and assessments, such as KAP survey, market survey ,etc.
- Contribute to the development of annual work plans to identify project targets and ensure inclusion of M&E activities.
- Maintain and update existing indicator tracking tools and M&E documents as needed to demonstrate the effectiveness of project interventions.
- Analyze data for accuracy, flag validation or quality issues.
- Write during and post-distribution monitoring forms, together with carrying out the surveys, analyzing the data and writing the report.
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships (through joint assessments, capacity building exercises and exchange of information (with local partner organization, donors, private sectors partners, and notional authorities.
- Ensure that cross cutting issues such as participation, gender, age and disability are effectively addressed/ mainstreamed in all project implementations as part of ensuring accountability.
- Work with programmed officer and managers to ensure the collection of relevant and appropriate data needed for effective MEAL system which will be utilized in monitoring strengths, weaknesses and gaps in existing projects/programs and services and for reporting on donor commitments.
- Train project officers, project assistants and other data collection teams in conducting assessment and ensure the later are conducted during proposal and induction phases.
- Write field and survey reports, ensuring quality and accurate reporting and use integrated graphics in reports and information products to help visualize data in a meaningful way.
Data Collection :-
- Based on Program (Area) plan establishes annual baseline and needs assessments.
- Ensure sex, age, disability disaggregated data (SADD), Accountability and Gender standards are consistently adhered in.
- Timely plan and initiate all needs assessments, baseline and end line surveys, KAP surveys, during Distribution Monitoring, Post Distribution Monitoring and Real time evaluation of emergency programmes.
- Be innovative in the approach needed to collect data, such as KOBO, ODK and WASH EM” and new tools as they are available.
Data Analysis and reporting: -
- Ensure that simplified data is available for further programme decisions and design.
- Use graphs and tables to make data more data more readable.
- Produce MEAL reports to Area coordinator, programme Manager and MEAL coordinator.
Coordination and communication:
- Represent ZOA in different communities and develop strong working relationships with local authorities and community groups whilst navigating and resolving field level issues.
- Actively seek out, communicate, and address both positive and negative feedback about Zoa projects while implementing community engagement activities.
- Good communications skills and ability to discuss with the local authorities and communities about ZOA’s interventions and MEAL tools.
- Coordinate with other humanitarian partners interventions at field level.
- Local authorities and related government officials/ Departments in the governorate level as per delegated be area coordinator/programme Manager.
- Cluster at Governorate level.
- Local partners.
- Other INGOs.
- MEAL Coordinator.
- Programm Manger/ Area coordinator.
- Manager of Programm Quality.
- Field data collection teams.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies ( equalitative , quantitative, mixed method, and impoct) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
- SPHERE Handbook.
- WASH and FSL Humanitarian standards for emergency context like Yemen.
- Capacity building experience in project monitoring, reporting, and evaluation.
- Information and communication Technology for Development and Emergency (ICT4D/E) activities.
- Qualitative and quantitative data collection methods and analysis.
- Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating M&E systems from project initiation to close out.
- Experience in indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans.
- Experience in plaining and managing surveys, developing and refining data collection tools, and with data quality assessments and oversight.
- Computer knowledge including word, excel, and power point (additional experience with R, Access or SPSS in preferred).
- Strong skills in written and spoken English and Arabic.
VI. Special requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in relevant field (development or social studies). Postgraduate training in Monitoring and evaluation will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years field experience of conducting Monitoring and evaluation in a relief or development environment.
- Demonstrated experience in program design monitoring and evaluation or management, having served at such a position before for at least three years
- Previous experience with major donor proposal M&E requirements (USAID, DFID, EC, UN agencies preferred).
- Available to travel to field offices to support data collection exercises.
- Previous experience with management of complaints and feedback mechanisms.
Start date: as soon as possible, contract until 31st of December 2021 with possibility for extension
Please send your cover letter and CV, together with 3 recent references in English with reference to the applied position to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is highly important that you mention the job title in the Subject field of your email in order to be considered for this vacancy.
Kindly put the following in the subject field: MEAL Officer - Sana'a
يرجى ذكر إسم الوظيفة مع المحافظة في حقل موضوع البريد الإلكتروني عند التقديم وتسمية السيرة الذاتية باسم المتقدم
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and only completed applications will be accepted
Deadline for application: 12th of April.2021