Ended Deputy Project Manager
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeidah, Raymah, Ibb, Dhamar, Aden-Dhalee, Saadah and Al Jawf.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Deputy Project Manager
Contract Type: Fixed term
Contract Duration: 6 months
1. Project Planning
- Develop project implementation tools, and materials as needed
- Plan and follow the various stages of project implementation and set direction by prioritizing and organizing activities and resources to achieve project objectives for field teams.
2. Project Implementation Follow-up
- Oversee and manage the implementation of the project’s field activities ensuring that technical quality and standards are considered and respected during project implementation
- Organize regular project coordination meetings with project team and with manager.
- Ensure budget utilization and physical target achievements are reviewed at least once a month as per work plan
- Ensure project implementation is on time, target and budget, using effective M&E systems to reach desired impacts
- Ensure that the project is implemented in accordance with relevant ACTED technical guidelines and standards
- Anticipate and mitigate risks and trouble-shoot any unforeseen challenges during the project implementation
- Regular update the work plan and other documents relevant for effective project management
3. Administration and Operational Management of Project Implementation
- Support the project manager in the review of project-related expenses and provide accurate forecasts with BOQs
- Support the project manager in the provision of forecast for monthly cash requirements
- Support field team in the development of accurate and precise order forms in a timely manner.
- Confirm quality of material selection if and when applicable.
- Ensure a proper management and use of the project assets and stocks.
- Plan team movements based on available fleet and applicable policies.
- Participate in the recruitment of field staff (development of organigrams, ToRs, elaborating the tests and reviewing them; interviews, etc.)
- Ensure that project staff understand and are able to perform their roles and responsibilities.
- Follow-up the work plans, movements, and day-to-day activities of the project staff
- Manage the project staff in cooperation with Project Manager.
- Ensure a positive working environment and good team dynamics inside and across departments.
- Undertake regular appraisals of staff and follow career management.
- Manage interpersonal conflicts.
- Ensure capacity building among staff in relevant sectors.
- Ensure project records and documents (beneficiary list, memorandum of understandings, photos, reports, attendance sheets, etc.) are adequately prepared, compiled and filed according to ACTED procedures and submit to Project Manager.
- Ensure staff awareness of, and respect of, ACTED’s code of conduct, and other policies.
- Ensure that each member of the project team is aware of security issues, policies, SOPs and they follow them accordingly
- Monitor the local security situation and inform the Project Manager and Area Security Officer of developments encountered by Project team;
4. External Relations
- Support, facilitate or undertake communication and liaison activities to actively consult and involve beneficiaries, key informants, actors, partners and stakeholders.
- Cultivate good relations with key humanitarian actors – local and international, including government authorities and non-state actors, through regular attendance at technical meetings and bilateral meetings.
- Ensure that at all times that team’s contact with beneficiaries is conducted in a sensitive and respectful manner.
- Ensure proactive coordination with ACTED’s liaison department to secure security and access permits in a timely manner.
5. Quality Control
- Assess the activities undertaken and ensure efficient use of resources;
- Undertake regular field visits to provide technical guidance and supervision as well as regularly monitor the progress of project activities
- Ensure lessons learned are documented, shared and reflected in project planning and shared across departments;
- Advise on, and assist with, project reviews conducted by AMEU
- Ensure quality control, analysis of added-value and impact, identification and capitalization on best practices and lessons learnt and provide relevant feedback for new project development
- Identify and analyze gaps, ACTED’s added value, synergies and opportunities in the areas the project(s) is / are implemented and pass relevant information to the Project Manager.
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to Project Manager and other team members
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience)
- University degree in a relevant subject;
- At least 3 years’ experience in a project implementation position in an NGO;
- At least 1 years’ experience in a managerial position;
- Excellent capacity to plan, prioritize and multitask;
- Excellent team-working skills;
- Flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Good English skills, both oral and written;
- Excellent computer literacy, including MSOffice (Word and Excel);
- Preferable knowledge in either (or multiple) of the following fields of intervention: CCCM, WASH, Shelter/infrastructure
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and a cover letter in English to email@example.com
- PLEASE state Deputy Project Manager in the subject line of the e-mail and rename your CV and Cover letter as: First & Last name+ DPM)
- The closing date for applications is Tuesday, 13 Apr 2021
Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification