Ended Project Assistant - Information Management
Project Assistant - Information Management (IM)
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeidah, Raymah, Ibb, Dhamar, Aden-Dhalee, Saadah and Al Jawf.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Project Assistant - Information Management (IM)
Contract Type: Fixed term
Contract Duration: 6 months
Data quality and management
- Support SMC teams’ day-to-day management of data and processes, ensuring consistency and quality of data from regular information collection (e.g. partner reporting, service mapping, 4Ws, service indicator monitoring/site monitoring, CRM)
- Compile data received from field teams, conducting data cleaning as necessary
- Update and maintain databases
- Collaborate with Information Management Officer and field teams to design and improve tools and processes for regular and periodic IM activities, as needed
- Build tools using ODK/Kobo, or on paper forms, as required
Analysis, reporting, and communication
- Conduct analysis on data as needed, and work with Information Management Officer and SMC field teams to ensure information is used inform programming
- Produce regular outputs and reports for programs teams and submit regular reporting to the Information Management Officer
- Support the Information Management Officer to design and produce products for internal and external use
- Ensure mechanisms are in place for information flow back to residents of the sites (e.g. through accessible information products, verbal communication from SMC teams)
- Ensure regular and consistent data flow from Programs teams to AMEU Department, according to the processes in place
Accountability and IM support
- Ensure Complaints and Response Mechanism (CRM) databases are regularly updated by field teams, conduct cleaning and analysis of databases as needed, ensure targets for CRM response time are tracked
- Work closely with AMEU Department on the CRM, to ensure the mechanism for case transferral between Programs and AMEU is functional and confidentiality is respected
- Collaborate with AMEU Department on assessment or monitoring exercises, as needed
- Provide support to ACTED WASH and Shelter/Infrastructure teams working in the IDP sites alongside the SMC teams, as necessary. This might include support to build assessment or monitoring tools in ODK/Kobo, clean and maintain databases, or ensure IM processes are in place for regular monitoring of site infrastructure
- Collaborate with AMEU Department GIS Officer on creation of products and maps, as requested by Project Manager
Quality & capacity-building
- Conduct capacity-building of SMC teams in data collection and data management, as needed
- Ensure data confidentiality protocols are in place, and all staff are trained
- Ensure collection of sex and age disaggregated data
- Organize translation of information by SMC teams, or conduct translation, as needed
- Any additional task as requested
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience)
- University degree in a relevant subject is preferred;
- At least 2 years’ experience in an information management role;
- At least 1 years’ experience in an NGO is preferred;
- Proficient in use of ODK/Kobo for mobile data collection;
- Excellent IM software skills, including Microsoft Excel;
- Experience in GIS is beneficial;
- Excellent team-working and communication skills;
- Excellent written and oral English and Arabic skills;
- Good capacity to plan, prioritize, and multi-task;
- Knowledge of multi-sectoral humanitarian response, including SMC, Protection, WASH, Shelter, and emergency distribution is beneficial.
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and a cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
- PLEASE state Information Management in the subject line of the e-mail and rename your CV and Cover letter as: First & Last name+ IM).
- The closing date for applications is Tuesday, 13 Apr 2021.
Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification