Ended Operation Manager
Job Title: Operation Manager – Aden/Sana’a
Location: Aden and to move to Sana’a ASP
Reporting to: CD
Start date: ASAP
Applications Deadline: April 11, 2021
Read Foundation is international non-profit organization and a presence in most countries in addition to international offices in UK, RF working in humanitarian relief sector and focused to create school places for children affected by poverty, conflicts and crisis.
RF have been implementing several relief projects including educational and welfare projects in developing world since 1994 and are continuing expand to provide humanitarian and relief assistance in the most needy areas that affected by crisis across the globe to strengthen humanity’s struggle against poverty, social injustice and natural disaster
The 2020 is an exciting time as we continue to build on our achievements to transform the lives of millions of people across the world. We are looking for a dynamic candidate who is passionate about international development to join our RF-Yemen mission.
To work and develop RF-Yemen’s operations, systems, and dynamics ensuring that the ongoing operation meet the statutory, standards and legal requirements.
MAJOR Essential Duties RESPONSIBILITIES:
Operation Management (Logistic, Admin, HR):
- Develop RF-Yemen operation system (Logistic & HR) based on international and national requirements
- Overall management operation (Logistic & HR) including planning, mobilization, financial planning and tracking, supervision of national staff, technical guidance, reporting in coordination with support departments under the guidance of CD.
- Manage operation(Logistic & HR) department in all aspects of day to day of operation department and follow-up of operation activities related to Assets, fleet, Warehousing, transport, customs clearance and distribution, in conjunction with other programmes in order to identify and give a response to the needs of the targeted population.
- Serve as technical resource person for the operation department (Logistic & HR), and ensure compliance with RF-Yemen procedures and guidelines.
- Work closely with programmes staff and others to ensure development of operations plans and successful carrying out of operations ensuring the implementation of the program.
- Work closely with staff to manage budgets, forecast procurements, and human resource needs and work with finance, HR, and operations to prevent gaps in services.
- Work closely with staff to provide operation reports that are timely and meet institutional and donor requirements.
- Spend significant time at field sites to ensure quality, role modeling and on job trainings assuring the capacity of the field staff.
- Work constructively with support teams to ensure sound administrative practices with regards to record keeping, compliance with donor regulations, communications, etc.
- Work closely with field staff to ensure compliance with donor requirements at all stages of the Program lifecycle.
- Coordinate regular meetings with field staff to share experiences lesson learnt, and advocacies.
- Any other duties assigned by the line manager or country director.
- Ensure quality in line with the essential package of high operations services in as approved by programmes department and clusters by establishing a system of regular supervision
- Build staff capacity and competencies through on-the-job coaching, mentoring, and setting up regular learning opportunities
- Work closely with MEAL department to ensure the quality of data through proper entry, cleaning and regular checking, and use of the data for actionable improvements at the site
- Provide guidance and expertise in strategic expansion of operation in Yemen
- Produce all operation reports, monthly, midterm and annual reports, and submit for RF-Yemen SMT, HQ and Donors
Minor Responsibility and accountabilities:
- Ensures good warehousing & inventory management systems are implemented and storage facilities are up the standards as per RF-Yemen warehousing guidelines.
- Ensure a well-functioning fleet system with sound fuel control mechanisms
- Focal person for accurate asset management systems and updated records of assets across all RF-Yemen field sites
- Supports the warehouse and operation staff to ensure GIK’S are adequately followed, recorded and reported
- Participate in the planning together with the programmes coordinator, field staff in the field in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required to correctly perform all operations activities.
- Monitors technical aspects of the operation function risk reduction, in areas of stock management, assets, GIk’s and fleet by ensuring all procedures are followed correctly and in timely manner.
- Collaborates with other field/coordination staff to ensure timely delivery of operation support.
- Ensures compliance to all RF-Yemen and donor regulations & policies.
- Ensure Operations accurate and updated reports related to assets, vehicle performance, and Generator performance, GIK reports, warehouses stock inventories are compiled, reviewed and submitted in a timely manner.
- Drives supply chain & operations performance at assigned field sites to agreed levels.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Master Degree in (preferred) or Bachelor degree in HR, Procurement/supply chain management/logistic or any relevant field with minimum 5 years’ experience.
- Minimum of 5 years successful operation (logistic/HR) experience in the humanitarian field, and ideally had good professional experience in humanitarian and emergency intervention.
- Highly proficient in both spoken and written English are essential.
- Ability to work independently as well as being able to easily integrate into a team.
- Effective operation and time management skills for handling multiple priorities and simultaneous tasks.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite applications.
- Ability to work additional hours and/or travel as needed.
- Must be able to maintain highest level of confidentiality regarding work-related information and data.
- Able to work independently, with minimal supervision and well under pressure.
- Punctuality and respect for rules and procedures.
- Demonstrated competency with computerized general ledger software.
- Good Computer skills (PowerPoint, Word, particularly Excel).
- Experience with recognized international NGO will be an added advantage.
- We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
- RF-Yemen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. RF-Yemen considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Qualified and Interested individuals are required to submit application (CV, Cover Letter) no letter than the deadline to RF-Yemen Recruitment email: email@example.com with the title of the position you are applying for in the title of email