Ended Finance Manager
Job Title: Finance Manager – Aden/Sana’a
Location: Aden and to move to Sana’a ASP
Reporting to: CD
Start date: ASAP
Applications Deadline: April 11, 2021
Read Foundation is international non-profit organization and a presence in most countries in addition to international offices in UK, RF working in humanitarian relief sector and focused to create school places for children affected by poverty, conflicts and crisis.
RF have been implementing several relief projects including educational and welfare projects in developing world since 1994 and are continuing expand to provide humanitarian and relief assistance in the most needy areas that affected by crisis across the globe to strengthen humanity’s struggle against poverty, social injustice and natural disaster
The 2021 is an exciting time as we continue to build on our achievements to transform the lives of millions of people across the world. We are looking for a dynamic candidate who is passionate about international development to join our RF-Yemen mission.
To work and develop RF-Yemen’s Finance operations, systems, and dynamics ensuring that the systems meet the statutory, standards and legal requirements.
MAJOR Essential Duties RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop RF-Yemen finance system based on international and national requirements
- Lead and Manage finance department in all aspects of day-to-day operations of accounting department.
- Serve as technical resource person for the finance department, and ensure compliance with RF-Yemen procedures and guidelines.
- Ensure and support country budget management and contribute in estimation of support costs.
- Conduct from time to time the financial audit practice and produce the report to SMT on regular bases.
- Preparation the award budget pipelines, budget vs. Actual reports, and cash flow projection.
- Overview the funding allocations to enable proper guidance to programs and proper coding.
- Produce consolidate necessary document for the month end accounting close process, including preparing journal entries for prepaid accounts and other journal entries.
- In liaison with operation department, prepare commitment lists every month for financial obligations already entered into but not collected in financial reports.
- Liaise with the HR department to maintain the staff list and monthly payroll.
- Liaise with the programmes department to update contract trackers, reconcile invoices and delivery records, and comply with cost allocation guidelines.
- Any other duties assigned by the finance manager or country director.
Minor Responsibility and accountabilities:
- Monitoring procedures are in place to ensure that there is a Zero tolerance approach to bribery, fraud and corruption.
- Screening and Vetting processes and procedures are in place for the assessment of partners, agents, contractors, suppliers, staff and beneficiaries of cash-based programmes
- Perform audit functions, support and gain insight into risk management through exposure to a variety of audit assignments, performing audit testing, summarizing audit results, etc.
- Review all documents submitted for payment to ensure proper procedures have been followed
- Ensure verifying vouchers for the voucher program and maintaining proper filing system
- Handing the check to the suppliers and beneficiaries.
- Achieving the different financial documents (like general journals, payment vouchers, and financial transfers) in a systematic way and maintaining the general appearance of the department.
- Ensure and maintenance of all accounting records, ensuring that records are complete, accurate and safeguarded
- Produce all financial reports, monthly, midterm, annual reports as well the projects financial reports
- Issuing payment vouchers and checks\transfers to the suppliers and beneficiaries.
- Sending the financial transfers to the authorized persons to be signed.
- Communicating the bank for any inquiries or troubles
- Following up the receipt of the transfers in our bank account.
- Preparing the monthly bank reconciliations
- Preparing a confirmation letter to the donor by the received amount.
- Receiving the deposit slips from the banks to be archived in the suitable folders.
- Sending the financial transfers and any other financial correspondences to the banks.
- Reviewing the petty cash payment requests received from the other departments.
- Issuing petty cash vouchers and get the finance officer approval.
- Preparing the petty cash replenishment request and receiving the amount from the bank.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Professional qualifications in accounting, finance, or a related field is required.
- Minimum of 7 years successful accounting experience in the humanitarian field, and Ideally had some professional experience in auditing practices.
- Highly proficient in both spoken and written English are essential.
- Ability to work independently as well as being able to easily integrate into a team.
- Effective project and time management skills for handling multiple priorities and simultaneous tasks.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite applications.
- Ability to work additional hours and/or travel as needed.
- Must be able to maintain highest level of confidentiality regarding work-related information and data.
- Able to work independently, with minimal supervision and well under pressure.
- Punctuality and respect for rules and procedures.
- Demonstrated competency with computerized general ledger software.
- Good Computer skills (PowerPoint, Word, particularly Excel).
- Experience with recognized international NGO will be an added advantage.
- We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
- RF-Yemen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. RF-Yemen considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Qualified and Interested individuals are required to submit application (CV, Cover Letter) to RF-Yemen Recruitment email: firstname.lastname@example.org