Ended Logistics Assistant
Job Posting: 31/Mar/2021
Closure Date: 15/Apr/2021, 12:59:00 AM
Organizational Unit: FNYAR
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
Grade Level: N/A
Primary Location: Yemen-Aden
Duration: 6 Months (Extendable)
Post Number: N/A
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
FAO's office for Yemen is responsible for developing, promoting, overseeing and implementing agreed strategies for addressing countrywide food, agriculture and rural development priorities under Yemen. It develops and maintains relations with the relevant Ministries at country level. This position is based in FAO Representation in Sanaa, Yemen. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative (FAOR), and under the direct supervision of the Sub-Office Manager and the Logistics Officer, and in close cooperation with FAO colleagues, the incumbent shall provide logistics support for the implementation of the FAO programme.
The Logistics Assistant performs a large variety of routine administrative and financial duties in support of the control and maintenance of accounts and in the processing of finance/ accounting/ budget-related transactions. The incumbent exercises judgment, identifies errors and supports sound financial practice.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Support logistic planning at field level through coordination with program section and provide technical support and guidance in planning a cost effective transportation and distribution of supplies and equipment to project site in support of country program.
- Supervise field logistic operations for the receipt and distribution of agricultural inputs and assets procured under the various FAO projects/programmes in Yemen including the transportation of FAO commodities inside Yemen to ensure timely availability of inputs procured and logistics arrangements;
- review of stock holding at various locations, keeping record of all inventories in database;
- supervise and ensure that the entry and exit of goods from the FAO warehouse are properly controlled and recorded;
- supervise and ensure that storage and warehousing of all inputs procured under the emergency projects are arranged in and orderly manner to facilitate identification of goods stocked;
- prepare monthly inventory and assets reports of all expendable and non-expendable items, regular handling/tracking over the assets;
- be in charge of the organization of FAO’s storehouse, keeping an updated record of all supplies and supervise the establishment of cocoon seed facilities in various locations in Yemen;
- in close coordination with the Procurement assistant in Yemen, ensure that the satisfactory delivery of goods and services is properly done before clearing any payment;
- supervise the maintenance of functional accounting records of all stored emergency inputs, through issuance of receipts;
- be in charge of customs procedures providing all required documentation for clearances through Government Ministries for procurement ensuring timely arrival to Yemen;
- assist in arranging clearance of the consignments such as preparing Tax exemption, certificates and necessary permits of Government; and
- under the guidance of Logistics Unit and in close consultation with the procurement unit and administration of FAO Yemen, provide advice on the establishment of the logistic management system in area of assignment;
- ensure the correct application of the FAO rules and regulations in the movement of procured goods and services;
- Perform other related duties as required;
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University degree in Business Administration or Logistics/transport related studies.
- At least 3 years of experience relevant experience in logistics or procurement, including staff supervision at the national or international level. Experience with an UN Agency or International NGO desirable.
- Full competency and fluency in English and Arabic.
- National of Yemen.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work
- Extent and relevance of experience in Logistics and supply chain
- Familiarity with logistics and procurement systems
- Ability to plan, organize, implement and report
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills in English.
- Demonstrated ability to work under difficult conditions and a high degree of pressure.
- Proven experience in Logistics.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills, Team Player
- Understanding of complex emergencies; experience working in insecure and crisis environment.
- Proven strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills; Analytical skills and experience.
- The incumbent must possess teamwork spirit, ability to work under minimum supervision, flexibility
- Ability to keep sensitive information as confidential.
- Capacity to take initiative, and suggest modifications in the process
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
To apply for this position please click on the following link:
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.