Ended Senior Education Program Manager
Save the Children in Yemen is looking for eligible candidates for the position of
Senior Education Program Manager
Location: Aden Office-with frequent travel to Sana’a
Save the Children seeks a Senior Program Manager for a USAID-funded education program in Yemen (Education in Emergency: A Bridge to Development and Resilience). The protracted conflict in Yemen continues to erode the formal education system, leaving up to 10.3 million children in need of humanitarian and protection assistance. The goal of project is to strengthen and institutionalize Non-Formal Education (NFE) programs as a viable pathway for out of school children, allowing them to resume their education. The program will be primarily based on the new Accelerated Learning Program (ALP) curriculum using conflict-sensitive education (CSE) approaches.
The Senior Program manager will be responsible for providing technical leadership and overall management direction for the project. S/he is also responsible for project inputs, program strategy, external representation and coordination with project counterparts, USAID, Government authorities of Yemen, other donors within the sector and other programs as necessary. The Senior Program Manager is ultimately responsible for compliance with the agreement results and the oversight of project activities which will meet the stated objectives of the project.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Program Design and Management and Reporting
• Lead the project’s strategic, technical, financial, and operational planning, including the annual work planning process and development of an appropriate exit strategy
• Oversee the timely and quality submission of all deliverables to USAID, including monthly, quarterly and annual financial and narrative progress reports, annual work plans, performance indicators, , and regular results’ updates reporting as needed in addition to overall quality control
• Play a leading and substantive role in developing and implementing program activities
• Ensure all pending deliverables and tasks are completed.
• Work in coordination with PDQ education team for adaptation plan and mitigation measures as needed.
Supervision and Capacity Building
•Supervise all program staff and manage the work of all sub-grantees
• Provide overall coordination of the institutional/organizational capacity building of local NGOs and other key stakeholders
• Prepare and implement staff capacity development in coordination with CO Education Sector
• Make sure that project’s work sites sure are all up to the SCI child safegurding and protection standards (i.e. Safe Back to School protocol)
• Supervise and take responsibility of quality and compliance of the local implementation partners’ works and activities.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
• Ensure good practice by supporting the development of strong M&E mechanisms and a robust monitoring process and take lead in delivering the project specific MEAL products in coordination with CO/FO MEAL and program team
• Ensure that efficient systems to support all aspects of the project (including sub-grant management, financial, capacity building and performance monitoring and reporting) are in place and support the effective use of project resources in compliance with USAID regulations and Save the Children policies
• Manage project’s data and ensure availability of complete and up-to-data database of project’s activities, staff and benficieries as part of the SCI’s IMPACT system.
• Liaise with Ministry of Education’s supervision apparatus for joint monitoring and support of the quality of teaching and teachers’ performance
People Management and development
• Strategically plan staffing needs to implement the program, supporting the timely recruitment, orientation, and training of new staff as required
• Technical management and supervision of program staff, working closely with the Field Managers to ensure that they have clear objectives and received meaningful feedback on their performance
• Identify development needs, prepare and deliver appropriate training plans, and support program staff to access other relevant training and development opportunities
Coordination and Representation
• Internal coordination with other SC program teams to ensure effective program integration in the areas of intervention
• Ensure coordination and representation in the Education Cluster meeting and other forum as revelant
• Represent the project with USAID, Government of Yemen authorities, donors, and partners
• Foster technical and professional relations with Ministry of Education and maintain their effectiveness in coordination with PDQ education team.
• Undertake any other tasks as assigned by the relevant line manager.
• Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
• Coordinate with Country Office, Award, MEAL, PDQ,and Program Technical Leads to ensure the high quality of program deliverables.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
• At least 5 years demonstrated technical and management experience in education, with experience in the Middle East preferred;
• Technical and/or management experience in education with an emphasis on CSE approaches and ALPs;
• At least 3 years of demonstrated excellence in senior level program management, including direct supervision of professional and support staff, evaluation of staff performance, and contract/grant management is preferred;
• Experience in institutional capacity building of government counterparts at the national and/or local level is preferred;
• Demonstrated experience managing multi-million-dollar complex projects is preferred;
• Strong working familiarity with USAID regulations, reporting templates and policies;
• Prior experience living and working in conflict or emergency settings
• Excellent Organizational and Analytical Skills
• Ability to identify, address and resolve communication issues within the activity and with external stakeholders is required;
• Demonstrated problem solving skills, a collaborative and flexible manner, creativity and willingness to innovate;
• Ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with USAID/Yemen host government partners at the national and district levels, and personnel within the activity is required;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in team situations, and within a matrix management structure;
• Fluent oral and strong analytical, written English communications skills is required; Arabic language is desirable.
• Proven track record of effective and convincing negotiation skills is preferred.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children and to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Save the Children International seeks to always be a child safe organization through fulfilling its obligations to the community and through programme implementation carried out by the organization for safeguarding children and to improve the living standards of the child.”
Kindly use this link to apply: