Ended Pharmacist Coordinator
Save the Children in Yemen is looking for eligible candidates for the position of
Location: Country Office
Working under the guidance and supervision of the OFDA Director, Pharmacist Coordinator is responsible for support OFDA program with all activities and provide overall guidance and assistance to the team.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Monitors the availability of medical products (pharmaceuticals, medical supplies, medical equipment ...etc.) to avoid stock-outs and financial losses generated by expired items;
- Collaborates with OFDA Director and OFDA team to define stock security levels in SCI warehouses and targeted HFs.
- Leads in-country program quantification- ensures medical products consumption data is collected at targeted health facilities, aggregated, analyzed, and used for forecasting needs of the program;
- Provides input for international orders; draws up the first draft of orders with the OFDA Director, reviews the parameters involved in replenishing stock, reviews the projects’ essential drug list, finalizes orders based on consumption and future needs arising from the developments in the field
- Raised monthly, Quarterly, and yearly consumption report based on need by using analytic program that serve our report
- Participates in defining strategies for supply, management, distribution, and use of medical products in line with SCI recommendations and policies; under the supervision of the OFDA Director and in collaboration with OFDA and Supply Chain team, support development/use of new pharmaceutical stock management systems and software;
- Participates in implementing the medical products supply chain standard operating procedures;
- Applies Good Distribution Practices (GDPs) for medical products at the storage level, and Good Dispensing Practices in end-user units. These include:
- Conduct systematic checks of all medical goods purchased locally and for direct shipments, and control their details correspond to the requested specifications and the received documentation (Certificate of Analyses)
- Check the conformity of the received goods with the PO (Purchase Order) and the PL (Packing List) (strength, origin, manufacturer, batch number)
Transportation and storage:
- Ensure transportation of medical goods (including any dangerous goods and cold chain) is done in an appropriate manner and following national regulations
- Handle cold chain products according to the recommendations of the manufacturer
- Ensure that cold chain equipment is working properly, and that daily temperature monitoring of cold chain items is in places
- Ensure that appropriate storage conditions are in place for medicines (including dangerous goods products) and advise any need for improvements
- Ensure controlled drugs are managed according to national regulation
- Ensure stock rotation according to FIFO (First In First Out) and FEFO (First Expiry First Out)
- Support in conducting monthly and annual physical stock counts
- Quality assurance of commodities:
- Ensure that all offered donations by any partner or others are in compliance with the SCI Quality Assurance
- Investigate and put in quarantine any medical product that has been identified as suspect - meaning that it may be counterfeit, unapproved, or potentially dangerous.
- Disposal and returns:
- Ensure disposal of health care products is done according to national regulations/or SCI Waste Disposal SOP, and that a disposal file is maintained
- Ensure full traceability of the medical product's journey through all the stakeholders in the Supply Chain and is responsible for batch recall
- Regularly visits the warehouse to conduct audits and follow up on recommendations on GDPs: the layout of the warehouse, storage, product arrangement, reception, distribution, and transport.
- Supervise the store release, distribution, and transfer of all stock to the required field site locations;
- Carries out regular follow up/team meetings with Pharma team in the field sites in targeted SCI-FOs to maintain regular work plans in line with program objectives and identified capacity building need
- Mentor field-based staff (e.g. pharmacists, medical store officers, health officers) on the proper management of medical stock through remote training, in-person training, and on-job coaching;
- Following up the OFDA related medical warehouse documents and records are properly maintained and easily accessible.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in pharmacy.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in management of medical products procurement, storage and distribution in in large scale health program
- Very good understanding of the Yemen ministry of health pharmaceutical management standards, rules and regulations
- INGO experience in management of drug supply management system
- Fluency in English
- Computer skill MS office Professional Standard
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children and to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Save the Children International seeks to always be a child safe organization through fulfilling its obligations to the community and through programme implementation carried out by the organization for safeguarding children and to improve the living standards of the child.”
Kindly use this link to apply: