Ended Maintenance Agent
TITLE: Maintenance Agent
Duty Station: Yemen – HAJJAH
Handicap International is an independent and impartial international aid organization working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights.
Handicap International is a not-for-profit organization with no religious or political affiliation. It operates as a federation made up of a network of associations that provide it with human and financial resources, manage its projects and implement its actions and social mission. For more details on the association: http://www.handicap-international.fr/en/s/index.html
GLOBAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
Based in HAJJAH, under direct supervision of the Logistics officer. you will be responsible for the daily work assigned to you, ensure a good handling of the HI properties when loading and off-loading items such as the assistive devises (ADs), refreshments, and etc. You will ensure the good gardening for the office and guest house keeping the gardens in their best conditions.
Line manager: Logistics Officer
Line Manager + 1: Area Manager
Team Managed: None
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS DESCRIPTION
Based in Hajjah:
The Maintenance agent is responsible for off-loading materials whenever received from suppliers such as ADs, PSS items, drinking water, kitchen supplies, etc. and organize them as requested by his line manager the Logistics Assistant or end user.
- The Maintenance agent is responsible for loading items from HI stock to trucks whenever requested to send ADs, hygiene kits, wound kits, or any other items to the health facilities (HFs).
- The Maintenance agent is responsible for handling HI items with good care when loading and off-loading.
- The Maintenance agent will keep the HI office and guest house yards in their best condition caring out the following:
- Cleaning the yards.
- Gardening; cleaning fallen leaves, irrigating the trees, trimming and decoration trees, etc.
- The Maintenance agent will carry out some handy maintenance if capable such as plumbing, fixing leakage, drilling boards, fixing electricity subjects, and any handy carpentry work.
- The Maintenance agent will carry out additional responsibilities to be requested by support team/or projects team:
- Organizing the HI stock safely and making sure it is accessible with the support of hi line manager.
- Organizing the health stock following the directions of the projects officers.
- Loading the refreshments of the project team from their stock and off-loading them to the cars.
- Offloading assistive devises at health facilities if requested
- Organizing HI meeting rooms during and after trainings/meetings.
- Safe handling of HI furniture and moving them from one office to another based on request by Logistics Assistant.
- Maintaining generators at the office and guest house with the support of line manager by carrying out changing air filter, oil filter, Engine Oil, etc.
- Following and refilling generators with fuel after informing line manager.
- Keeping fuel stock clean and safe following the guidelines of HI.
- Refiling cars with contingency fuel when market is out of stock.
- Drilling boards, signs, etc. at HFs when requested by the health team.
- Keeping HI maintenance tools safe and inventoried after each work.
- Taken garbage out of office keeping good environment to the right place.
- Loading and offloading fuel drums from HI Fuel stock to supplier opposite.
- Behave in a respectful way when receiving requests for end users and suppliers.
- Report to the Log officer any problem encountered on the office and any security-related information the handyman may have.
The above mention tasks and responsibilities remain flexible, and might be adjusted according to the mission and projects priorities.
The salary will be defined according to HI’s existing salary scale
Based in Hajjah, with frequent movements to the field.
Duration: Till 31st of June 2021 (renewable based on performance and fund availability)
30 day leave/year + benefits (transport allowance, health insurance, life insurance)
The working hours are the following: 8:00 to 16:30 (with 30 minutes lunch break) from Sunday to Thursday.
Note that working time can go up to 48 hours per week (according to the Yemen labor law) if it is required by the volume of activities and by the line manager.
- Minimum of a secondary school certificate.
- Minimum of two (2) years experiences in a similar position and preferably with a humanitarian international organization.
- Note that this job description must remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.
HI’s Yemen mission implements activities in a sensitive environment regarding the safety and security of Handicap International staff and assets. Handicap International employees commit to observe the utmost respect of personal and professional ethics, to adhere to the humanitarian principles of neutrality and impartiality, and to ensure necessary levels of discretion are used within and outside working space. Not respecting this clause could lead to disciplinary action and/or to immediate dismissal as a result.
“All HI Employees must adhere to the values: Shared Humanity - Empathy - Impartiality - Inclusivity - Courage - Hope - Humility - Audacity. In accordance with these values, HI enforces compliance with the Code of Conduct and related policies on Anti Workplace Harassment, Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Conflict of Interest, and Anti-fraud.”
- Interested candidates may please send their CV with cover letter in English, with the reference in the email subject: YEME/HR/2021/SUP/MA/HAJ+ APPLICANT FULL NAME
- Deadline for applications is 11:30 pm on Saturday 10 April 2021
Please address all applications to: email@example.com
Handicap International, is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.