Ended Reproductive Health Officer
Job Title: Reproductive Health Officer
Band/ Level / Grade: 8B
Location: AL Dahle`e governorate
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and in 22 US cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home. The IRC Yemen Country program has been established in 2012, and currently is implementing coordinated Health, Nutrition, Environmental Health (WASH), Economic Recovery and Development, Women Protection and Empowerment and Education programming in eight governorates. The IRC Yemen Country Program operates with main offices in Aden and Sana’a. Other subfield offices include Abyan, Hodeida and Al Dhale, with the Al Dhale office covering Lahj, and the Abyan office covering activities in Shabwah.
This position is a support position to AL Dahle`e reproductive health as part of a larger primary health care intervention that includes maternal and child health.
Detailed responsibilities and tasks:
- Ensure that the goals and objectives of the project are met the project proposal, work plan and M & E Plan
- Ensure that all RH/FP activities are implemented in the location.
- Coordinate and builds strong linkages and partnerships with other agencies, partners and MOH.
- Coordination and represent IRC in meetings, workshops, task force meetings.
- Timely collection of Reproductive health data and maintaining quality data management system for RH services.
- Keep health program activity records both in soft and hard copies and provide activity reports as the need arises by IRC and the donor timely.
- Ensures that RH interventions are utilized per the standard protocols, policies and guidelines as prescribed by the MOH and WHO.
- Coordinate and conducting workshops, training and presentations of RH activities.
- Work closely with the Health Manager in management of the grant budget
- Raise PRs as required after discussion with colleagues.
- Doing any Duties requested by the supervisor.
Required qualification and experience.
- Female Health Professional (Doctor/Midwife) with at least one year of medical experience.
- Ability to deal with emotionally charged situations.
- Experience of a flexible approach to handling and prioritizing a high workload and multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent team working skills.
Interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong observational skills.
- An interest in the process of pregnancy and birth.
- Digital literacy: Word, Excel, Power-point, Outlook and the internet.
- Communication skills, including good English.
- Ability and willingness to work in remote and insecure environments.
The IRC and IRC workers implement to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and implements policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
- Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link:
- CV, Copies of the academic and work certificates should be submitted in the system.
Deadline for Applying: April 15, 2021. System will stop receiving CVs at 12:00 A.M. of April 15, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.