Ended Project Officer
TITLE: Project Officer
PLACE: Yemen – based in Hajjah
Handicap International is an independent and impartial international aid organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights.
Handicap International is a not-for-profit organisation with no religious or political affiliation. It operates as a federation made up of a network of associations that provide it with human and financial resources, manage its projects and implement its actions and social mission. For more details on the association: http://www.handicap-international.fr/en/s/index.html
GLOBAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
Under the line management of the Project Manager, the Project Officer will support the Project Manager in the implementation of all project activities, the reporting and the management of the project team
Line manager: Project Manager
Line manager+1: Area Manger
Team Managed: Project field team.
In collaboration with the PM, daily organization and supervision of the project activities
- Responsible for the planning of the team on the field each week
- Transmission of the weekly planning every week to the project manager
- Responsible for the availability of the materials of the team for the field activities
- Participation in required recruitment for field team roles
- Continuously monitor any changes in the current crisis , work with teams to identify potential solutions and report all relevant information to Health PM and TAs so a joint decision can be taken to modify activities to better meet identified needs and to reach planned indicators.
- With the team, help ensure beneficiary identification, support and follow-up tools are relevant and utilized
- Direct suppervesion of the field team at the hospital level ( 80 % of daily work at the hospitals, and 20% at the office) .
Supervise team activities and help ensure the quality of these :
- Animation of the daily meetings with the psychosocial workers, physiotherapists and TO
- Organize teams to run identification, analysis, assessment of the beneficiaries, rehabilitation cares, psychosocial support… and make good assessment of specific and basic needs of the beneficiaries
- Ensure a quality analysis of needs identified by the teams
- Checking of assessment forms with the team and compilation of data as required
- Participate in trainings and provide trainings as required
- Ensure that donations certificates are provided for all the donations
- Ensure the donations are made according to the strategy (quality and quantity) and the needs identified
- Provide daily guidance and support to the teams under his direct supervision
- Ensure the proper understanding by the teams of the tasks they should carry out and the objectives to reach
- Identify and share with the Project manager the need of capacity building of his team members
- Participate with the the Project Manager for the organisation of essential capacity building activities the project team under his direct supervision
- Ensure that operational, administrative & logictics procedures are respected by his team members (such as respect of working hours, respect of the use of the material allocated to the team, leave policies…)
- Prepare and conduct regular performance management/review of staff directly managed as per HI’s policies
- Help to ensure the respect of hierarchical links and communication channels within his team and other staff
- Encourage good communication between all members of the team
Liaison with Field Technical Advisors
- Support the Project Manager with the links with colleagues in and other departments as relevant
- Work in close relationship with the TAs on technical aspects (challenges, “difficult” cases, review of the intervention modality, strategy…), on a regular basis
Follow up Human Resources and logistics
- In direct link with Project Manager, and with the administration, have a global view on HR needs and issues for the team and activities be able to refer when needed
- Identify any training needs of the field teams and relay these needs to the relevant Technical Officers and where relevant, support the Technical Officers to implement appropriate trainings
- Work with the logistics department to organize efficient distribution for all items to be distributed to beneficiaries
Monitoring and Reporting
- Ensure all field teams are making appropriate records of their activities with beneficiaries (beneficiary assessment and follow-up forms, referral forms, donation certificates, etc), and link this information with the data/monitoring in a timely manner
- Ensure regular monitoring and reporting of the activities of the field teams for quality and efficiency and ensure appropriate response to the identified needs, with the Project Manager
- Support the field teams to correctly complete all the required reporting (statistics, field activity reports, etc.)
- Write regular (weekly, monthly) reports on activities and progress towards indicators as required
Case management meetings
- Participate in multidisciplinary case management meetings between Physiotherapists and Psychosocial workers.
- Within the meeting propose the different possibilities of orientation
Budget and project managements
- Prepare the foracst for the activities
- Alart the PM about any ptential over/ under spendings of the activtity lines.
- Review the activity plan according to the implemntations.
- Alart the PM about the target achievments and any deviations.
- Prepare with the PM the project quartely review.
- Adhere to Covid19 IPC measures and COVID-19 SOP while in hospitals as well as at the office.
- Daily supervision of team by ensuring Covid19 IPC measures and COVID-19 SOP are respected.
- Respect beneficiary confidentiality.
- Respect and promote HI’s Policies and report to your line manager any non-respect of HI’s policies amongst the teams or partners.
- Report any incident or act that causes any harm to beneficiary or to others.
- Always interact with children with the presence of their parents or caregivers
- Always respect a refusal of treatment.
- Respect each team member’s positions, work, and specialty
- Distribute the specific items when needed (stock request, distribution planning, donation certificate, reporting on the donations made during the week).
Note that this job description must remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.
HI’s Yemen mission implements activities in a sensitive environment regarding the safety and security of Handicap International staff and assets. Handicap International employees commit to observe the utmost respect of personal and professional ethics, to adhere to the humanitarian principles of neutrality and impartiality, and to ensure necessary levels of discretion are used within and outside working space. Not respecting this clause could lead to disciplinary action and/or to immediate dismissal as a result.
All HI Employees must adhere to the values: Shared Humanity - Empathy - Impartiality - Inclusivity - Courage - Hope - Humility - Audacity. In accordance with these values, HI enforces compliance with the Code of Conduct and related policies on Anti Workplace Harassment, Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Conflict of Interest, and Anti-fraud.
- The salary will be defined according to HI’s existing salary scale
- Based in Hajjah, with frequent movements to the field
- 30 day leave/year + benefits (transport allowance, health insurance, life insurance)
- The working hours are the following: 8:00 to 16:30 (with 30 minutes lunch break) from Sunday to Thursday.
- Note that working time can go up to 48 hours per week (according to the Yemen labor law) if it is required by the volume of activities and by the line manager.
- The position duration will be for 3 months with a possibility of extension.
JOB CHARACTERISTICS / REQUIREMENTS:
- University degree in Health related studies.
- At least 2 years’ work experience in project Management or Project Officer role , preferable with INGOs/NGOs.
Skills and Competencies
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Arabic mandatory
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Strong communication, presentation and reporting skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Global knowledge on Humanitarian principles, protection mainstreaming, is desirable
Willingness and ability
- Travel in and around Hajjah and other governorates on occasion, stay overnight outside of Hajjah City (where operations are presently based) as field movement requires
- Interested candidates may please send their CV with cover letter in English, with the reference in the email subject: YEME/HR/2021/PRO/PO/HAJ+ APPLICANT FULL NAME
- Deadline for applications is 11:30 pm on Saturday 10 April 2021
Please address all applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Handicap International, is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.