Ended Information Management Associate (Protection Cluster)
Title of Position: Information Management Associate (Protection Cluster)
Job Opening (JO): 26125
Type of Contract: UNOPS Individual Contractor Agreement
Category & Level: LICA-6
Location: Sana’a, Yemen
Effective date: As soon as possible
Duration: Until 31 December 2021
Closing Date: 14 April 2021
Entering the seventh year of conflict, the humanitarian crisis in Yemen is considered one of the worst in the world with 80% of the population in need of assistance. UNHCRs interventions focus on more than 4 million internally displaced and an estimated 138,000 refugees and asylum-seekers. Humanitarian access is severely constrained by administrative hurdles and ongoing fighting with rapidly shifting frontlines. UNHCR has a strong operational footprint in relation to protection of civilians, (emergency) shelter/NFIs (Non-Food Items) and IDPs hosting sites management (CCCM) both as UNHCR and as Tri-Cluster lead with one of the largest cash programme of UNHCR globally. UNHCR operations are managed by the Country Office in Sanaa, with three field offices in Hodeidah, Saada and Ibb, as well as in the South of Yemen through the Sub-Office Aden and a field presence in Marib.
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The Information Management Associate in the Protection Cluster team in Sana’a. S/he will assist in the production and dissemination of information on the population of concern, including but not limited to Protection and Programme information. The incumbent will operationalize data standards developed at the central level in field operations, compile and explore data from all populations of concern.
The incumbent in this position would be expected to:
- Operationalize country-specific common data standards and promote them with partners, including UNHCR data standards and the IASC Common Operational Datasets.
- Compile and aggregate information elements required to produce standardized information products and implement data/information collection plans for baseline and context-specific data.
- Collect, collate, and process information and perform data quality and consistency control.
- Produce summary statistics and information products.
- Design and maintain the Protection Cluster website ensuring it is up to date and informative.
- Support the coordination of data collection teams.
- Support and leverage geographic data for map production and use in geographic information systems (GIS).
- Share UNHCR data with partner agencies and maintain Portal data and information in-line with agreed frequencies.
- Participate in Needs Assessment processes, specifically in data collection, processing/collation and data exploration.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
- Years of Experience / Degree Level
- 3 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education:
- Certificates and/or Licenses
- Information Technology;
- Social Sciences;
- HCR Operatnl Dta Mgmt Lrng Prg;
- Relevant work experience in information technology, demography, statistics, social sciences, or any related area.
- Experience with handling confidential data and demonstrated understanding of different data collection methodologies.
- Good organizational and planning skills.
- Capacity to work collaboratively in a high-paced and often stressful environment.
- Experience in web design and software development is an asset. Ability to formulate IM-related technical requirements and Operating Procedures.
- Successful participation in the Operational Data management Learning Programme.
- Experience in web design and software development is an asset.
- Experience with relevant software such as ArcGIS, Mapinfo, SPSS, SQL Server, and/or proGres.
- Experience with data visualization software like Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Inkscape...etc
- Knowledge of Microsoft PowerBI software.
- Experience with HTML, PHP, ASP and/or Java is an asset.
- Proven skills to analyse statistical information.
- Ability to formulate IM-related technical requirements and Operating Procedures.
- *IT-Microsoft Excel;
- DM-ArcGIS (Geographic Information System);
- MS-Statistics Analysis;
Please also note that English and Arabic are essential for this Job Opening.
Candidates may be required to sit for a test. Only pre-selected candidates will be notified. Only online applications are accepted (applications sent by email will not be accepted). No late applications will be accepted.
UNHCR is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
If you have questions during the on-line application, please contact HR Team well before the deadline: at firstname.lastname@example.org (Aden) and email@example.com (Sana'a).
This is only part of the Vacancy Notice. For more information about this Job Opening, eligibility criteria and procedures please follow this link (or go to www.unhcr.org /Careers/ Vacancies). Please follow the below instructions on applications for External Applicants.
Submission of applications (External Applicants)
- Interested candidates should submit their applications for this Job Opening online.
- The Applicants will need to follow this link or go to www.unhcr.org /Careers/ Vacancies
- The Applicants will need to search for the Job Opening by using the available filters (e.g. Compendium Exercise: Local Vacancies; Country: Yemen) or with its number (26125).
- Once the Job Opening is selected, the Applicants will be directed to the Job Description page in the online application process.
- Applicants must “Sign in” or “Register” and then “Sign in”, in order to apply. They must click on “New User” for the first time they apply as an external candidate.
- Applicants begin by clicking the “Apply” button, after which the page in the next image will open. The applicant must click on “Next” in order to move ahead in the application process.
- Applicants must agree to the terms, before reaching the Letter of Interest page of the application. They must include a Letter of Interest and completed online application including personal, profile and qualifications information.
- In the “Additional Information” section all questions MUST be answered. Once all is completed, the applicant may click “Review/Submit” application. Here the candidate may preview their application and review it by section.
- By clicking on “Confirmation and Consent” the applicant will submit their application, and receive automatic notification by e-mail that the application has been submitted.
Applications submitted by email will not be accepted.