Ended WASH Field Officer
Job Title: WASH Field Officer
No of position: 1 Position
Deadline: April 15th, 2021
Contract Type: Special Service Contract.
Duration: Six Months
Duty Station: Kua’ydinah , Hajjah Governorate and Dhi As Sufal, Ibb Governorate.
Probationary Period: Six Months.
Department: WASH Programs.
Reporting to: WASH Programs Coordinator.
Relief and Development Peer Foundation (RDP) is Non-governmental Organization aims to mitigate the suffering of communities affected by the conflict and disasters, enhance more equitable socio economic development and Increase social responsibility to contribute effectively and positively on the development process. RDP advocates for the rights of affected populations and work in many field areas, food security, nutrition and health and water, sanitation and hygiene, good governance and peace.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate and work in collaboration with all stakeholders (LWC, GARWSP) at governorate and district level and other NGOs working in the targeted area.
- The WASH Field officer is in charge of the implementation of water supply projects and sanitation interventions in the targeted area.
- Managing the quality construction of all water and sanitation structures.
- Ensuring good maintenance and sustainable processes are put in place.
- Supervising and monitoring (on site and desk monitoring) of implementing the water supply network, Rehabilitation of the wells, install solar system panels & pumps and construction of WASH facilities and ensuring timely processing of supply requests with all necessary technical specifications.
- Following-up and evaluation of activities related to the construction of tanks (base, basin, and pipelines) and latrines.
- Providing support at all stages of the design process to ensure the subsequent design stages are developed.
- Review and verify the accuracy of technical feasibility study for implementation of water supply projects
- Review the bills of quantities (BoQs), specifications, contract development, and quotation review.
- Preparing the tender documents.
- Identifying project supplies needs and work closely with logistics team.
- Compile Daily Weekly and Monthly projections/delivery plans.
- Raising reports that reflect the progress of achievement and the extent of project control.
- Preparing training tools on relevant technical topics and conduct trainings for the project staff and (WMC).
- Good representation of RDP in and out of the project area.
- Comply with RDP policies and procedures with respect to code of conduct, child protection, equal opportunities, security and safety, and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Commit to the humanitarian principles of strict neutrality, religious and political impartiality and non-discrimination.
- Any other tasks assigned by line manager.
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years of general working experience includes 5 years of working experience in implementing water supply projects and tanks.
- Strong Arabic and English skills, written and spoken.
- Leadership and management skills.
- Knowledge of international/governmental institutions, and a solid interest in humanitarian response and development.
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills and ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritize and commitment to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively under stress in emergency situations.
- Ability to travel independently, including to rural communities and work long hours.
- Knowledge of different working standards and ethics including sphere standard.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, including Outlook for email),
- Excellent computer skills (AutoCAD, Water CAD…, etc.).
- Training skills are an advantage.
- Ability to explain design ideas and plans clearly.
- Membership of the Yemeni Engineers Association is an advantage.
Interested candidates should send their Resumes in English to https://forms.gle/CehNX2VCX9Dz1SZY6
Not later than April 15th, 2021.
Resumes will be considered on a rolling-basis and candidates are encouraged to apply early.
For more information about RDP, please visit our website at http://rdpf.org
RDP is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.