Ended Project Coordinator
Publish Date: April 1, 2021 Location: Aden, Yemen
Deadline: April 8, 2021 Category: Development/UN/NGOs
Position: Project Coordinator
Reports to: Project Manager
Duration: up to 31 December,21 with probation period of three months.
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure wellbeing and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty. Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach which we call the RI Way emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships, and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them. In Yemen, RI implements integrated Health, Nutrition, WASH, and Food security and livelihoods interventions in partnership with local authorities, relevant line ministries and other humanitarian actors in country.
The Project Coordinator will oversee and manage the implementation of all project activities, ensuring adherence to project plans, particularly work plan, spending and procurement plans. The Coordinator also will ensure that all staff follow international technical standards and guidelines, including donor regulations and compliance, to deliver high-quality programming in a timely manner. The Coordinator will directly supervise Cash Team (Project Officer – Districts and Project Admin Assistant). The Coordinator will be a key link between field staff, Project Manager, Deputy Area Manager, and technical advisors, particularly the Cash Technical Advisor, within RI, as well as a focal point for local and national authorities, when necessary and appropriate, on all project-related activities.
Essential Position Responsibilities and Duties
- Overall management of project-related activities, including: development, follow-up, and revision of project work plan, budgeting, spending, field visits of cash outlets, Accountability & Compliance Centers, Targeted IDPs camps and procurement plans; supervision of staff, including indirect oversight and capacity-building of team.
- Coordinate with other departments, particularly supply chain, logistics, MEAL, and finance, to ensure seamless and timely delivery of program supplies and activities.
- Regularly review project data, ensuring accurate data collection, and analyze the data to ensure the meeting of donor targets, key trends, particularly in beneficiary targeting, and opportunities for improvement.
- Draft reports in English for internal and external submission, particularly monthly reports sent to the RI CO Grants & Reporting team and quarterly as well as final donor.
- Draft monthly & Quarterly report in Arabic to local authorities
- In close coordination with Project Manager and Deputy Area Manager, he/she will liaise with key stakeholders, including local and national authorities, project donor representatives, other service providers, and coordination fora representatives
- Ensure that all project activities are implemented in line with RI’s internal policies, as well as donor and clusters’ regulations and international humanitarian standards.
- Provide strong leadership to project team members including data management team and filed team
- Regularly conduct field visits to provide on-the-job coaching and mentoring, engage with project beneficiaries, and evaluate project progress
- Meet regularly with the Project Manager to discuss progress, the rollout of new activities, and any other technical guidance or support needs.
- Support the development of key technical tools in coordination with the Project Manager and department heads, such as MEAL, operations/procurement
- Attend internal and external coordination meetings, as appropriate i-e BVA Review Meetings, Grants Kick-off and Close-out Meetings, FSAC Clusters meeting, Donor CPS meeting etc..
- Provide quality control of RI interventions within the project, in cooperation with MEAL Department.
Team Management & Capacity-Building
- Provide direct supervision to key Project staff members, including Project Officers, Project Admin Assistant and the other team when needed, through weekly meetings/check-ins, regular field visits, development and follow-up of work plans, and performance appraisals.
- Support direct supervisees with the day-to-day management of field staff/indirect supervisees, flagging any concerns to the PM and DAM.
- Identify capacity-building needs for direct and indirect supervisees and liaise with the Project Manager to devise individual and team-level capacity-building plans
- Ensure adherence to all RI policies and procedures
- Create a positive and inclusive environment with clear communication channels.
- Performs any other tasks assigned by direct supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements
- This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Two years of prior project management experience, particularly Cash and In-Kind Intervention, development and follow-up of project work, spending, and procurement plans, as well as donor reporting.
- Experience in SCOPE programming is an asset.
- Prior experience with a local or international NGO required
- Prior familiarity with the implementation of Cash and In kind Food projects preferred
- Relevant educational experience with a minimum bachelor’s degree; master’s degree preferred
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic
- Open to regular field site travel and possible overnight stays in distant locations
- Willingness to learn quickly and follow technical guidance
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and manage staff in a high-pressured environment with long hours
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
- A team builder with excellent people skills; culturally sensitive and has the ability and interest to identify and work with a multicultural team.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send their CVs in English to Aden.email@example.com
- before midnight of April 08 for submitting their application with the vacancy reference subject :HR/21/36.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date.
- Females Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.