Ended IT Officer
Post Title: IT Officer
Duration: Full-time, including 3 Months probationary period
Reporting To: IT Head
Yemeni General Union of Sociologists, Social Workers and Psychologists(YGUSSWP) is a Non profit , and non-governmental organization (NGO), founded in 2011.YGUSSWP Working in the social and humanitarian fields, it is an organization specialized in responding to emergencies, disasters, crises and wars, it carries out its Projects in the following sectors : General protection, Child protection, Women protection, Shelter NFIs, ESKs , CCCM, WASH, Education, Case management, Mental health and livelihood projects, and it has a specialized professional team at the level of Yemeni governorates and districts , It is a professional forum governed by professional rules and ethics .
About the job
IT Officer monitor and maintain the computer systems and networks of an organization. They may install and configure computer systems, diagnose hardware and software faults and solve technical and applications problems, either over the phone or in person. Organizations increasingly rely on computer systems in all areas of their operations and decision-making processes. It is therefore crucial to ensure the correct running and maintenance of the IT systems.
Provide (ICT) technical support services to end-users.
- Troubleshoot, resolve and keep reported records of users' problems & solutions offered
- Service and maintain YGUSSWP printers and other IT hardware in YGUSSWP Area & field Office
- Format and install drivers and other software on Desktops, Printer\scanners, laptops - making sure only authentic/genuine software is installed
- Manage backup systems for critical YGUSSWP data and make sure that backup is stored in both hard drive/server and cloud locations as necessary
- Deployment of new PCs
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications;
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks;
- Monitoring and maintaining Internet networks;
- Monitor and maintain the LAN, Network Servers, Routers, Printers, LAN Points, Switches, Patch panels, Access points, Satellite Modem…to prevent faults occurring
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults;
- Troubleshoot internet issues in liaison with the relevant ISP.
- Perform local, clouds backups as scheduled, and ensure data integrity.
- Configure and update antivirus.
- Implement and support MicroTik firewall server for the office
- Develop solution for Disaster Recovery
- Export the weekly and monthly reports from the monitoring server and circulate to the relevant staff.
- Prepare a comprehensive monthly report of the CICT.
- Perform any other IT related assignment allocated within the speculated time.
- Assist with system upgrades and rollouts
- Assist with administration of users, access controls and computers
- Assist in maintaining operating systems, internet and email systems
- Able to use all Microsoft
- Support an on-going process of beneficiary verification.
- Design (Kobo Collect, ONA, ODK) data collection tools and manage databases.
- Comply with YGUSSWP policies and procedures with respect to code of conduct, child protection, equal opportunities, security and safety, and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Commit to the humanitarian principles of strict neutrality, religious and political impartiality and non-discrimination.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Bachelor Degree in Information Science, Computer Science or another relevant field from an accredited university.
- Oracle Certification is preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years in the development of systems.
- Strong knowledge in analyzing Information Systems.
- Proven experience in Oracle tools such as Oracle forms, reports, and APEX.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel.
- Practical experience in Mobile Application development especially Android applications.
- Practical experience in web application development.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a Multi-Cultural environment.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues and shares knowledge.
- Strong analytical thinking and practical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively (in writing and orally) in Arabic and English.
If you meet the requirements stated above, please send your Arabic/English CV and cover letter to the below email before the deadline .
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview
The subject line of the email should include the title of the position
For more information about YGUSSWP, Please visit our website at