Ended HR Officer
Solidarités International seeks to recruit a:
Location of position: ERT Office - Aden, Yemen
I. Presentation of organization
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts and natural disasters. SI’s mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
The Yemen mission currently consists of an emergency and post-emergency program with a WASH-focused approach in Taiz and south of Hodeidah governorate, with activities taking place across the districts of the West Coast.
The position will be based in Aden.
Under the supervision of the Log/Admin Manager, the HR Officer supports the Log/Admin Manager with all HR related tasks and procedures.
He/she supports the HR management of nationals on its base of assignment.
Responsibilities and Tasks
List of main activities:
- Preparation of Monthly HR pack (organigram / HR Nat FU ...) before validation of Log/Admin Manager
- To participate in development of recruitment strategy, base sizing, design of set up
- To participate in recruitment process, termination of contracts processes and participate to ensure they adhere to local legislation and internal processes
- Check the quality of appraisals
- Train all managers to appraisals
- Participate in the compilation of training needs, support the Log/Admin Manager in the design of training plans, collect information about training suppliers
- Centralize and report to Log/Admin manager on ISR’s implementation feedback/issues
- Answer employees about all daily HR questions with the support of Log/Admin Manager
- Coordinate, plan the work, train and support team members under his or her supervision
- Ensure the minimal replacement of members of the HR services in case of absence (days off, sickness)
- Offer HR support and training to the Officers and sub-bases when needed
- Appraise the performance of each member of the team under his/her supervision
HR Management of nationals staffs
- Compile and verify the monthly information entered in the two sub-PER software. Validate the two sub-PER for the monthly payroll before sending the compiled PER for validation to the Log/Admin Manager
- Compile and verify the EAP follow up, the Archive Follow Up and the Recruitment Follow Up of the two sub-PER
- Verify the new employment contracts and amendments prepared by the HR team.
- Collect the necessary information to monitor changes in the cost of living and the legal framework.
- Check dates of employment contracts and inform the Log/Admin Manager when they are due to expire
- Ensure that procedures for recruitment and terminating contracts are adhered to
- Inform new employees about contractual documents
- Organizes and animates the collective induction sessions
- Keep an organizational chart up to date for the base
- Ensure the confidentiality of all HR data
- Supervise payment of salaries after approval by the Log/Admin Manager
- Assist the Log/Admin Manager in the organization and conduct of meetings with staffs
- Report any alert concerning SI employees and support Log/Admin Manager in the social dialogue
- Participate in the application of HR policies for Solidarités International at base level
- Make all administrative information available to the staff (posting, meetings, etc.), support the Log/Admin Manager in translating documents into local language.
- Prepare the information and statistical data required for drawing up budgets and salary costs.
- Updating the recruitment follow up and consolidating information from all the basis
Administrative management of the base
- Secure HR documents
- Ensure physical and digital archiving of the HR documents according to SI procedures
- Conduct the monthly preparation of sending the HR archives to Coordination after a final verification of their compliance to SI procedures
- Take part of the weekly HR meeting and report on a weekly basis to the Log/Admin Manager
- Participate in preparing and carrying out audits or any checks issued by partners or head office, at the base level
- Participate in the supervision of the regulations in effect
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
Line manager: Admin Manager
Line Report(s) [on Base]: Cook, Cleaner
Functional Manager: Deputy HR Coo
Functional Report(s): - Administrative officer
III. Profile required
- English language mandatory
- At least 1 year of experience in a similar position
- Diploma in Human resources, administration study
- Experience with NGO is an asset
- Good communication skills
- Good in Excel, Word and Power Point usage.
- Flexibility required
Please submit your application (CV, cover letter, photocopies of diplomas, certificates of employment etc.) to Solidarités International by email to: email@example.com
NB: Title of the related position must be written in the email subject.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
Final date for applications: 12th of April, 2021.