Job Title: HR Assistant
Band/ Level / Grade: 9B
Location: Yemen | Aldhale
Overtime Eligible: per local law
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC Yemen began its programs in October 2012. Currently IRC Yemen is operating in eight governorates in the south and north of Yemen through direct programming and through local partnerships, in Health, WASH, Nutrition, Economic Recovery Development, Education, Child Protection, Gender and Women Protection and Empowerment.
SCOPE OF WORK: Under the Supervision of the HR officer, the HR Assistant is responsible for supporting recruitment, onboarding, national staff /casual contract management, performance management, time and leave management and supporting the field office in Aldhale.
WORKING RELATIONS: The HR Assistant will work closely with the HR officer and the Field Management team to ensure HR processes are seamlessly implemented and in line with the IRC Yemen policies and guidelines. The position is in contact with staff and should ensure that the HR department proactively provides seamless and people friendly services in line with IRC Yemen policies and guidelines.
- With the support from the recruitment team, assist with implementation of recruitment processes in the field office including advertising positions in the field using the field recruitment guidelines.
- Coordinates recruitment support services to ensure HR delivers effective recruitment support to line managers in the field according to agreed standards and timelines.
- Extracting of applications from the relevant sites as where positions have been advertised and sharing with the recruitment team as required.
- Proactively participate in recruitment processes including interview scheduling, interviewing, preparation of outcome reports and reference checks.
On-boarding and staff orientation:
- Working with the Field Manager and the HR Officer in coordinating and facilitating a comprehensive orientation program for all new staff in the field office.
- On-boarding new staff into IRC administration and staff policies. Ensure all policies are signed at reporting day and the policies are well articulated during the onboarding process.
- Periodically support the orientation of staff on IRC HR Policies and procedures.
- Maintain an oversight on contract periods and initiate discussion on contract reviews with line managers.
- Preparation of service contracts for casuals and maintaining the service contracts trackers.
- Preparing consultancy contracts upon receiving the approved requisition
- Support preparation of pay actions that need approval for payroll implementation including overtime, pay increments, allowances, etc.
- Ensuring all contracts/casuals payment requisitions are done in a timely manner
- Supports the HR team in following up on performance management process for IRC Staff in the field office.
- Communicating with line managers on performance management due dates and ensuring that performance management processes are followed.
- Follow up on submission of completed performance management forms and ensure performance goals are set.
- Updating the performance management tracker and ensuring that all eligible staff have participated in the performance management process.
- Provide guidance on the leave application process and be the custodian of leave application forms in the field.
- Verification of leave prior to approval and updating the leave tracker for all staff on a weekly basis.
- Updating the timesheet tracking schedule on a monthly basis and sharing it with the HR Manager.
- Monitor staff attendance by checking records on finger print device and generate a weekly records to share with the Field manager
- Follow up with staff on leave utilization and staff leave plans.
Support to Field Operations.
- Support and assist in coordinating HR communication between other field offices.
- Ensure that standard IRC forms are made available to the field staff and they are utilized in the appropriate manner.
Reporting and Database management
- Ensure updating of all recruitment trackers, service contract, leave data base, timesheet database, master contract list for all staff, and other adhoc reports prepared and consolidated for management use as appropriate.
- Maintain updated staff files at field level.
Any Other Business AOB
- Carry out other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Experience in the same field is preferable.
- Ability of good speaking and writing in English and Arabic
- The ability to focus on details
- Team spirit and the ability to communicate and interact with others
- The ability to work independently.
- Able to handle work pressures well, and strong communication skills
- Skills in using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
- Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link:
- CV, Copies of the academic and work certificates should be submitted in the system.
Deadline for Applying: April 18, 2021. System will stop receiving CVs at 12:00 A.M. of April 18, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.