Project Assistant (Unconditional Cash Transfer)
Project Assistant (Unconditional Cash Transfer)–Hudaydah/Raymah
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 14 million beneficiaries with 300 international staff and 4,400 national staff.
ACTED has been presented in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Al Hudaydah, Raymah, Ibb, Al Dhale’e, Saadah, Al Jawf, Aden, and Dhamar.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Project Assistant (Unconditional Cash Transfer)
Contract Type: Fixed term
Contract Duration: 3 months
- Manage a team of daily workers
- Ensures all activities are in line with general protection principles as relevant, including maintaining confidentiality of beneficiaries and colleagues and consideration of gender concerns
Meetings / Coordination
- Coordinate with project colleagues
- Participate in external coordination meetings as requested by project officer
- Organizes and participates in external meetings with community leaders and cooperatives, as requested by project officer
- Participates in internal and external trainings as requested
- Implement the activities on the field as agreed with the project officer
- Ensure community acceptance of the project through positive interactions and clear communication to beneficiaries and communities in the field.
- Takes into consideration the AMEU’s recommendations as communicated by the project officer
- Coordinate with contractors as requested by the project officer
- Implements complaints and response mechanism (CRM) as agreed with AME and project officer
- Assists the project officer in the appropriate documentation of the project activities:
- Provide regular and timely report on the activities implemented for the project officer
- Coordinate with database team to ensure the data entry
- Take photos and draft occasional success stories as identified in the field and by PD team.
- Report ideas and information from project staff or field visits, which may assist in future project proposals. Such information will be included in reports.
Security & Liaison
- Considers safety and security in the field for the team and the beneficiaries
- Immediately report all incidents to the project officer
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience):
- Holds at least a bachelor's degree
- Must have at least one-year experience in unconditional cash transfer activities
- Experience in beneficiary’s identification approach
- Experience in food security activities
- Field oriented personality: the position requires regular travels to the field for several weeks
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Advanced computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, as well as the ability to communicate clearly and efficiently with a variety of audiences (e.g. beneficiaries, community committees, and other team members)
- Excellent team-working skills;
- Flexible, with the ability to cope with stressful situations;
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and Cover Letter in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: Project Assistant (Cash Transfer) Hudaydah/ Raymah.
- Candidates must rename CV & Cover letter: (First & Surname + Project Assistant (Cash Transfer) Hudaydah Raymah.
- The closing date for applications is Sunday, 18 April 2021.
- Candidates from Hudaydah/Raymah governorate are strongly encouraged to apply.
Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date.
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification.