Ended Field Engineer
Job Title: Field Engineer
Department: Programs Department
Reports To: Senior Engineer
Location: Aden, Yemen
No. of Position: 1 Position
Yemen Communities Stronger Together (YCST) is a three-year, multi-million US Dollar, a community-led program funded by USAID and implemented by Global Communities (GC) in seven governorates in Yemen (tentatively in Aden, Lahj, Abyan, Taiz, Sana’a, Ibb, and Dhamar). The purpose of YCST is to support local-level initiatives that mitigate conflict, strengthen social cohesion and promote the peaceful resolution of differences. To reach its goal, YCST will engage communities in an inclusive approach through Participatory Action for Community Enhancement (PACE) Mode to identify and implement service delivery and conflict mitigation projects, build the capacity of formal and informal local leaders, organizations, and networks to serve as neutral arbitrators and peace builders that can meet community and constituent needs that will serve to reduce localized conflicts, and provide stability. The program will also carry out regular and action-oriented learning and contextual analysis across all interventions to support adaptive management and enhanced outcomes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Field Engineer will technically manage a team of Field Engineers Assistants and will be responsible for the overall planning and supervision of service delivery projects, particularly those involve rehabilitation of community infrastructure, working with relevant ministries, local authorities, and community committees in their assigned governorates. S/he will assist the Senior Engineer in organizing and implementing, adjusting, and following up on program engineering works under the service delivery and conflict mitigation projects. S/he also assists the Senior Engineer in approving engineering documentation including drawings, specifications, submittals and RFPs for the construction/renovationn, expansion, renovation, furnishing and other required infrastructure work. The Field Engineer duties are specified in particular as follows:
- Design service delivery and community infrastructure renovation projects, draft scopes of work and propose cost estimates.
- Periodically prepare work progress reports and other technical reports.
- Ensure construction/renovationn works are carried out in compliance with design, drawings and specifications, and applicable codes and regulation.
- Provide technical guidance to construction/renovationn subcontractorss and supervision firms on-site to comply with the approved contracts terms including site safety, quality control, and work progress.
- Report on potential changes and assist in executing change orders.
- Certify entry of invoicing for payment of subsubcontracts and vendors.
- Work with relevant YCST program team to assess and propose solutions to address construction/enovation issues as they arise.
- Assist in inspecting engineering equipment/materials ordered by YCST.
- Other relevant tasks as requested by line mangers.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferably in WASH Sectot /renovationn field experience favorable
- 1-2 years’ experience in community development and coordinatiing with local authorities/or mobilization preferably with INGOs.
- 2-3 years of experiences in supervising team also working with communites.
- 1-2 years of prepaing Coordination and technical reports .
- Past experince in USAID related projects and well understanding to USAID Standers and codes .
- Demonstrated ability to manage a staff of 2-3 individuals, often in remote locations.
- Strong managerial and organization skills in coordinating the work implemented by NGOs.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
- Positive attitude towards working in Teams.
- Solid planning skills and sound judgment dealing with implementation challenges and finding solutions.
- Experience with USAID programs and systems/regulations preferred.
- Strong computer skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong spoken and written English langugleg fluent.
- Srtong reporting skills
- Must be able to read and interpret documents, and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively.
- Sense of neutrality and ability to work in rural areas in cooperation with all parties to the conflict.
- Personable and professional, collaborative, problem solver and, hard working.
Normal office environment, however, due to the nature of activities and areas where we operate, you might have to work below normal/difficult working/travel/accommodation conditions. Able to work on a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time. Able to work out of office location, at times at odd hours.
From April 15 , 2021 until May 15, 2022.
- The application should consist of a detailed resume or CV. The CV should include the applicant’s earliest date of availability to begin work with the YCST program. Resume or CV should include the applicant’s detailed work and educational history.
- Applications should be submitted to https://podio.com/webforms/21631009/1506207
- Applications will be received until the position is filled.
- Due to the urgency for this position interviews will be done on a rolling basis.