Ended Program Assistant
Job Title: Program Assistant
Reports To: PACE Program Manager
Number of Positions: 1 Position
Yemen Communities Stronger Together (YCST) is a three-year, multi-million US Dollar, a community-led program funded by USAID and implemented by Global Communities (GC) in seven governorates in Yemen (tentatively in Aden, Lahj, Abyan, Taiz, Sana’a, Ibb, and Dhamar). The purpose of YCST is to support local-level initiatives that mitigate conflict, strengthen social cohesion and promote the peaceful resolution of differences. To reach its goal, YCST will engage communities in an inclusive approach through Participatory Action for Community Enhancement (PACE) Mode to identify and implement service delivery and conflict mitigation projects, build the capacity of formal and informal local leaders, organizations, and networks to serve as neutral arbitrators and peace builders that can meet community and constituent needs that will serve to reduce localized conflicts, and provide stability. The program will also carry out regular and action-oriented learning and contextual analysis across all interventions to support adaptive management and enhanced outcomes.
- Program Assistant will be responsible for ensuring that Program activities are planned and implemented smoothly; all documents are archiving and supporting the PROGRAM staff.
- The Program Assistant Direct reporting to the PACE Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The incumbent serves as the PACE team's administrative point of contact for PACE.
- Establish and maintain the Program record-keeping system (soft- and hard- copy systems).
- Complete periodic audit of records.
- Ensure soft-copy and hard copy records are identical.
- Assist in data entering, cleaning, analysis, and interpretation.
- Assists the Program team with logistical, financial, and administrative needs.
- Drafts official correspondence as needed for the PACE team.
- Follows up with the PROGRAM team regarding their schedule and milestones to ensure the Work plan is updated accordingly.
- Help in preparing the weekly calendar of events for submission.
- Maintain a 4W report.
- Support PACE team in the field as needed; meetings, training, assessments, etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Education: Successful completion of a bachelor's degree in Liberal Arts, Business Administration or related field is required.
- Prior work experience: At least one year of experience working on similar roles, preferably with INGOs.
- Language proficiency: Native Arabic and Good written and spoken English.
- Job Knowledge: Good knowledge of office procedures and management is required. Must be able to quickly acquire knowledge of the project and GC policies and procedures and systems.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and teamwork-oriented.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and organization skills.
- Proficient in standard Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook) and typing.
- Ability to travel as required within Yemen.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to determine priorities and respect deadlines.
Site environment, however, due to the nature of activities and areas where YCST operates, canidates may have to work below normal/difficult working/travel/accommodation conditions. Canditaes must be able to work on a computer and operate a keyboard for extended periods of time, and work outside of the YCST office location at odd hours at times.
From May 2021 until March 2022
- The application should consist of a one-page cover letter and detailed resume or CV. The cover letter should include the applicant’s earliest date of availability to begin work with the program. Resume or CV should include the applicant’s detailed work and educational history.
- Applications should be submitted to https://podio.com/webforms/21631009/1506207
- Applications submitted after 12 April 2021 will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.