Project Assistant (CCCM)
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position : PROJECT ASSISTANT (CCCM)
Organizational Unit : CCCM
Duty Station : Yemen, Al-Makha
IOM Classification : M 4
Type of Appointment : Third Party Contracted (TPC) MPH Contract, 6 Months (With a possibility of renewal)
SVN No. : CFCV2021/039
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : Sunday 18 April 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Organizational Context and Scope:
Working under the overall supervision of the Programme Field Coordinator and the direct supervision of the Operations Officer (CCCM), the Project Assistant will support the implementation of IOM’s humanitarian assistance directly in the field.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. In coordination with the Operations Officer, support in organizing and monitoring IOM’s emergency field teams across West Coast governorates to undertake site assessments, site management and coordination activities, NFIs/Shelter and Cash assistance.
2. Support and coordinate with field teams in undertaking and monitoring assessments and distributions to IDPs, host communities, returnees and other affected communities across the governorate or other governorate as required.
3. Support the superiors in organizing and monitoring site assessments at IDP sites, collecting information on overall services available, including SNFI, WASH and other basic needs of the population.
4. Under the guidance of the Operations Officer and other focal points, support in monitoring distributions, assessments and activities conducted by IOM implementing partners as and when required, and report back on progress and issues.
5. Assist in coordinating adequate distribution of work and monitor progress of staff on the ground, ensuring that assessments, distributions and verification processes are in line with SOPs and local and national cluster recommendations.
6. Support the teams in the verification process both on the ground (door to door) or through telephone.
7. Ensure assessment and verification forms are completed fully and correctly, supporting the field team to correct errors.
8. Support vulnerable individuals to obtain IDs or are referred to other units/organizations in case additional services are required.
9. Monitor cash distributions and assist beneficiaries and Financial Service Provider to resolve any issues, whilst ensuring beneficiaries are assisted in line with verified lists, under the guidance of the Operations Officer, as required.
10. Support in organizing monitoring activities, including focus group discussions and post distribution monitoring surveys for beneficiaries assisted directly by IOM and through implementing partners.
11. Support in the organization of hourly/daily staff as required, ensuring attendance is tracked and staff are remunerated as required, coordinating closely with HR and finance units.
12. Support the Programme Manager in building capacity of and training field staff, daily/hourly workers and partner staff on undertaking assessments, distributions and verification and on the IOM cash programmes.
13. Maintain positive relationships with beneficiaries, area representatives, community leaders and local authorities to facilitate IOMs work in target areas.
14. Assist in any additional administrative duties as required for the project including preparation of PRs, PRFs and other tasks as required.
15. Any other duties as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• University Degree/Certificate or Bachelors degree
• Minimum Four Years Experience (Two for Bachelors Degree holders) in the humanitarian sector preferable and working with vulnerable individuals as well as managing small- medium sized teams..
English and Arabic
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, national of the country with automatic right to live and work in the country, and security clearances.
- Female with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via the following link
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV). “Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted”
05 April 2021 to 18 April 2021