Junior Risk Management Advisor
Vacancy Announcement for National Personnel for the German International Cooperation / Risk Management Office – Yemen -RMO- (PN. 17.2137.2-001.00) implemented by the GIZ Office Sana’a.
The wide range of services offered by the Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH are based on a wealth of regional and technical expertise and on tried and tested management know–how. We are a German Federal enterprise and offer workable, sustainable and effective solutions in political, economic and social change processes. With immediate effect the GIZ Office Sana’a invites applications from qualified Yemeni nationals for the following position:
- Position: Junior Risk Management Advisor [Ibb]
- End of Contract: 31.12.2022
- Post Location: Ibb
The Junior Risk Management Advisor will be based in Ibb city and is responsible within the assigned region [Ibb, Taiz, Al-Hodeidah, Raymah] for:
- Assisting RMA and SRMA in conducting Security Risk Assessments, SRAs for cities, routes, sites... etc.
- Supporting RMA and SRMA in all risk management related matters in respect to his/her region of assignment;
- Supporting RMO in achieving risk mitigation for: national and international employees, assets, and project implementation within assigned region of responsibility;
- Assist RMO team in dissemination and implementation of Risk Management Office policies/procedures to all project staff in the assigned region;
- Assisting RMO in travel management processes for duty travels in his/her assigned region in accordance with the Risk Management SOPs of the regard.
- Assisting in developing security plans (HRE & Contingency Plans).
- Liaising with Security Focal Points of projects/programs operating in the assigned region.
- Conducting security induction for short term consultants hired by GDC projects in the assigned region.
- Follows up that all applicable security and safety advisories are timely communicated to GDC staff in assigned region and that applicable safety measures and protocols are implemented.
In consultation with RMO line management, the Junior Regional Risk Management Advisor is responsible for:
- Information management (compiling and timely sharing of security related information);
- Incident reporting and analysis;
- Support RMO in identifying and timely reporting security and safety concerns for GDC in assigned region;
- Update Risk/Access assessments for GDC in the assigned region;
- Support RMO developing, updating, and implementing crisis management plans for GDC in the assigned region;
- Support RMO in incident response in coordination with the RMA and SRMA;
- Providing informative and assessment input to RMO for periodic and thematic reports;
- Conducting Site security assessments SSAs for offices and residences (If any);
- Conducting security briefings for staff visiting the assigned region;
- Assist in organizing risk management trainings for GDC personnel;
- Accompanying field missions (if required);
- For GIZ-Ibb office, monitoring the performance of guards and report any deviations from SOPs in effect to RMA Ops-Room. Relay instructions to the guards in accordance with SOPs and in coordination with SRMA, RMA and RMA-OPsRoom;
- Networking with other INNGOs in the assigned region;
- Contributing to development and implementation of security plans (HRE & Contingency Plan) in his/her respective focal region.
- Develop and update input for RMO GIS products (analytical maps) as required using QGIS, ArcGIS, etc.
- Support RMO in timely and effective exchange of security and safety related information with project/program staff, partners and defined institutions/organizations;
- Maintain an updated list of all GDC staff/consultants/official missions in respective focal region at any given time;
- In coordination with RMA/SRMA, develops and sends Security/Safety Alerts, and provide security awareness and duty of care information as and when necessary;
- Ensures operability of all communication equipment for RMO in the assigned region at any given time;
- Assists RMA/SRMA in transmitting, receives and communicates security and safety relevant messages when required;
- Processes and maintains up to date records and logs of all incoming / outgoing e-mail traffic;
- Assists in organizing and coordinating security and risk management trainings (if required);
- Willingness to up skill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding training according to findings of the line manager.
- Ensures that all security administration (e.g. records, files, documentation) is handled in a thorough and timely manner;
- Ensures that all security related data and files are constantly updated;
- Ensures data protection of electronic and hardcopy files;
- Keeps the RMO office in assigned region is operational at all times (if applicable).
- Compiling specific reports asked by RMO senior management;
- Timely submits invoices to the Administrator Advisor in Sana’a;
- Performs other duties and tasks requested by the management;
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant subjects (e.g. social science, political science, conflict or risk management).
- Security related courses and trainings.
- Security Background at mid management level (1- 2-years experience).
- Crisis management, emergency response.
- Design and delivery of security related trainings.
- Crises Management Experience or similar roles would be considered as asset
- Originally from and living in Ibb governorate would be considered an asset.
- Security related courses will be added advantage.
- Training Experience (travel procedures, 1st aid, MEDEVAC and emergency drills).
- Very good knowledge of ITC technologies (office communication, computer, radio, satellite, phone, inter-/intranet).
- MS Excel professionalism is an asset.
- English language skills (proficiency speaking, writing, and reporting)
- Knowledge of and strong ability to networking connections.
- Cultural sensitivity and adaptability.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong self-organization skills.
- Ability to cooperate with developmental cooperation organization working environments.
- Knowledge and understanding of development/humanitarian work.
- Team spirit
- Willingness to work after working hours and travel within the region.
- Discretion and dedication.
- Stress management.
- Flexibility as overall situation within area of responsibility is subject to change without prior notice.
- Holds valid driving license.
Please write the full subject title as indicated below, and send your application (cover letter) and CV in English and Arabic to the following:
E-mail address: email@example.com
Subject title: Junior Risk Management Advisor [Ibb] - RMO - applicant name
Please note that only applications mentioning the full subject title will be considered.
Deadline for receipt applications is: 18.04.2021
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Should you be invited for interview, you will be asked to present all certificates mentioned in your CV. You will also be asked to provide two relevant professional references to be contacted.