Ended Maintenance Officer
FSC #: SUIHAY/2021/
Length of Time: Until October 2021 (with possibility for extension)
Location: Aden with frequent and extended travels to Mokha, Dhubab, Khokha and other FHI 360 operational locations
Number of positionns: 1
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender equality, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development and humanitarian challenge in more than 70 countries.
FHI 360 has signed Principal Agreement with Ministry of Planning and International Cooperation (MoPIC) and established a country office in March 2018. Currently, FHI 360 is implementing an integrated humanitarian response program in Taiz and Hudaydah governorates. Supporting Health Centers with Pharmaceuticals, Medical Equipment, Laboratory equipment, Training of Health Center staff, Water connection and treatment, Solar system to provide electricity for the Health Center, Rehabilitation of the HC, Waste Management including Incinerators and Needle pits. Incentive payment to Health Center staff.
Reporting to the Administration Offier, Provides various office services support and maintenance for FHI 360 office and guesthouse premises. Performs routine general maintenance and repairs duties, maintains office mechanical equipment and supplies. Follows basic processes and procedures to accomplish tasks and receives close supervision. Supports and follows procedures for facilities and equipment operations to meet building and safety standards.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
- Maintains the working condition of offices and guesthouses (plumbing/water, electrical, air-conditioning, doors and windows, etc.)
- Inspects common areas and offices for maintenance and renovation needs periodically
- Performs regular preventive maintenance and basic repairs for all office and guesthouse equipment, including air conditioners and generators.
- Regularly checks, identifies, and reports issues requiring further maintenance work.
- Maintains cleanliness in the work environment and adheres to safety standards.
- Assists otheremployees with office requests such as arranging furniture, hanging pictures, and setting up work stations; assists with office moves.
- May assist in recruitment and training maintenance people at the health facilities and offices of FHI360 assigned;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
PROBLEM SOLVING & IMPACT:
- Identifies and recognizes problems that have established procedures and limited impact.
- Refers non-standard questions and problems to higher level.
- Errors can be easily and quickly detected within the immediate work unit and would result only minor disruption or expense to correct.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or high school diploma.
- A certification in Air Conditioning, Electrical, or Mechanical Works is desirable.
- 1-3 years of related office facilities/maintenance or related administrative experience.
- Experience in a similar job with office administrative procedures, standards and equipment.– ideally in an office setting.
- Experience and knowledge in electronics or mechanics
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with staff.
- Basic English language skills required.
- Must be in good physical condition to perform the required maintenance and lift and handle heavy items. Must be able to work standing for extended number of hours.
- Available to work after-hours and weekends as required for urgent repairs and maintenance.
Please provide the following items with your submission:
- Cover letter/Letter of Interest
- Current CV/ Resume
- Contact Details for Three Professional References
Please title your CV file with your name, and don’t send more than one time; otherwise it won’t be taken into consideration.
Don’t attach any other documents, such as, certificates, photo…. etc.
SUBMIT DOCUMENTATION to: firstname.lastname@example.org
by 11 APRIL 2021 with the subject line “Maintenance Officer” .
Only electronic submissions and no phone calls, please.