Ended Warehouse Officer
Save the Children in Yemen is looking for eligible candidates for the positions of:
Level 3: the role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
Under the direct line management of Logistics Coordinator (L.C) the role will play a pivotal role to assist L.C in harmonising logistical processes including procurement, fleet, warehouse and inventory, GIK and asset Management. Work with LC, Finance, and Programme teams to ensure systems and procedures are adhered to, reviewed, and updated as appropriate.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Logistics Coordinator
Reporting to: Warehouse Assistant, drivers.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
• Ensure that logistics staff maintains a robust stock management mechanisms are in place.
• Ensure that all TIM warehouses accounts are active and SCI field data transactions are accurate.
• Ensure that all times the physical stock is matching with TIM stock.
• Implementing effective stock management and administration systems, thoroughly monitoring stock levels and advising on appropriate stocking and replenishment to meet project demands.
• Prepare computer reports and filling for all warehouse transactions – receipts, dispatches, losses etc and submit them to the Logistics Coordinator.
• Ensure implementation of all warehouse systems and policies.
• Immediately report losses, damages or discrepancies to the Logistics Coordinator.
• Ensures correctness of the contents in respect of the purchase order.
• Receives and inspects the physical condition of consignments and scrutinizes relevant documents.
• Report to Logistics Coordinator on expiry date of consumable items stored at warehouse in advance of 3 months of its expiry.
• Update stock reports and share it with relevant staff on weekly basis.
• Keep updated soft copies of the warehouse space drawing and report is to Logistics Coordinator on a weekly basis.
• Arrange truck and labourers for loading and offloading the materials at warehouse.
• Maintains an up-to-date electronic record of all correspondence related to purchase orders, requisitions and Good Received Notes (GRN) and records.
• Inform suppliers on short supplies and ensures all over/wrongly consigned goods are returned to suppliers.
• Receive materials and supplies, store them in assigned locations and distribute them according to SCI procedures
• Maintain accurate records and documentations of all incoming and outgoing materials.
• Supervising of the Logistics Assistants – Warehousing, and laborers.
• Supervise packing, loading and unloading of all materials.
• Ensure that only authorized staffs are allowed to enter the warehouse and receive supplies or materials.
• Ensure availability of storage space and maintain orderliness and cleanliness of the warehouse at all times
• Prepare monthly stock reports and assist in carrying out periodic physical inventory checks
• Provide logistics support to Logistics staff based on agreed priorities
• Provide data to monitor and evaluate the overall logistics performance in support of the programmes.
• Directly supervise the warehouse assistant (follow up on their needs, plan for their annual leaves, and prepare any other HR requirements for them).
• Plan and follow up the rental contracts for the vehicles and trucks.
• Directly manage the fuel stock in Taiz office.
• Plan, manage and follow up the vehicles and Generators maintenance and fuel refilling for all vehicles and generators in Taiz office.
• Assist in proceeding the daily procurement requests from different departments in Taiz office to meet the standard delivery time.
• Assist in coordination with procurement requesters, warehouse assistant, and suppliers on the reception of goods.
• Establish a good relation with suppliers, and assist in building up a detailed suppliers’ database with their related documentations.
• Assist in the Asset management for Taiz office.
• Update, monitor and coordinate all Gift-In kind (GIK) management issues at Field level as well as provide support to field logistics team; this includes safety / security and timely reporting as per respective donor prerequisites and SCI GIK management procedures.
• Assist LC to analyse logistics Trackers Data on monthly basis to gauge the guidelines are in place
• Track procurements including cargo movements and monitoring of supply “pipeline” to ensure more timely deliveries.
• Assist in implementing effective stock management and administration systems, thoroughly monitoring stock levels and advising on appropriate stocking and replenishment to meet project demands.
• Do any other tasks related to the job title whenever asked by line manager.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
• holds him/herself accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
• holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
• sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
• widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
• Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
• builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
• values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
• approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
• develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
• willing to take disciplined risks.
• honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• 1-3 experience in Logistics with NGO.
• Experience in supply chain management, including procurement, transport and distribution, warehouse, stock management and basic comprehension of cold chain.
• Experience of vehicle and fleet management (mechanical knowledge a plus).
• Experience in Warehousing management.
• Experience of pharmaceutical/medical background to properly deal with drugs and medication.
• Experience in distributions of NFIs and/or emergency food distributions
• Excellent interpersonal and team skills.
• Excellent IT skills
• Written and spoken Arabic and with a good working proficiency of English
• Key flexibility for a roving role in a demanding, complex and insecure environment.
• Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles. To recognise the need to be independent, neutral and impartial when at all possible.
• Relevant qualifications or training courses.
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
We are looking for people with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children and to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Save the Children International seeks to always be a child safe organization through fulfilling its obligations to the community and through programme implementation carried out by the organization for safeguarding children and to improve the living standards of the child.”
To apply for this job please click on Warehouse Officer