Ended Human Resource Assistant
Save the Children in Yemen is looking for eligible candidates for the positions of:
Human Resource Assistant – Based in Taiz
The HR Assistant will be responsible for performing key human resource support duties such as filing personnel documents preparing and filing short term and volunteers records, processing leave requests, updating leave, recruitment and training trackers and participating in the recruitment and orientation of junior staff.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: (HR coordinator )
Staff reporting to this post: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Monitor staff attendance. Ensure that leave tracker is updated on a regular basis and information shared with HR Coordinator
- Assisting in preparation of personnel file document tracker (Tool)
- Scanning new HR documents
- Scanning and sorting all short term, contracts and volunteer’s agreements.
- Prepare vetting requests for new staff, short term employees, consultants and volunteers and prepare contracts and volunteer agreements and ensure that the recruitment process of short term employees and volunteers are corresponding to Save the Children rules and regulations.
- Assist HR Coordinator in the process of collecting CVs, calling candidates, coordinating with Country Office and other SCI offices for written tests and interview, and following up approval of recruitment documents with Country Office
- Maintain confidentiality and safety of all personnel and recruitment documents.
- Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child protection, health and safety, equal
- Other duties that may from time to time be requested by the HR Coordinator.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
University degree preferably in management.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- INGO experience in HR.
- Excellent computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Windows OS.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- High integrity and the ability to work with confidential information.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
We are looking for people with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children and to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Save the Children International seeks to always be a child safe organization through fulfilling its obligations to the community and through programme implementation carried out by the organization for safeguarding children and to improve the living standards of the child.”
To apply for this job please click on Human Resource Assistant