Junior Administrator (Aden)
Vacancy Announcement for National Personnel for the German International Cooperation / Quality of Education Improvement Programme III - QEIP III (PN. 20.2126.9-001.00) implemented by the GIZ Office Sana’a.
The wide range of services offered by the Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH are based on a wealth of regional and technical expertise and on tried and tested management know–how. We are a German Federal enterprise and offer workable, sustainable and effective solutions in political, economic and social change processes.
- Position: Junior Administrator (Aden)
- End of Contract: 31/12/2023
- Post Location: Aden
The Junior Administrator (Aden) is responsible and accountable for:
- Performing all administrative and financial processes for the project in Aden in agreement with the project coordinator and the advisor
- meeting the administrative requirements of the project office under supervision of the advisor, senior advisor and project coordinator
- effective coordination with administrative officer in QEIP main office in Sana’a
- provides services on governorate level are done correctly according to GIZ financial management and accounting guidelines
- ensuring the quality of administrative and financial processes and documents in compliance with the GIZ processes and regulations
- supporting organization of project events, in agreement with the technical advisor, senior technical advisors and/or the project coordinator
The Junior Administrator (Aden)
- prepares and controls monthly financial reports
- prepares vouchers for book-keeping, indicates their cost classification and codification referring to the annual workplan of QEIP
- enters cash and bank vouchers in WINPACCS cash book on daily basis
- reviews travel expense statements of staff for final approval by the superior
- performs regular spot checks of the Cash Book and Bank Book with the main office Administrator and/ or superior.
- performs all bookkeeping work according to GIZ PuR for the QEIP governorate office in Aden
- administers and keeps the cash box according to GIZ regulation
- check and translates all invoices, seeks the approval of the governorate advisor, senior advisors and/or project coordinator and carries out the payments
- handles petty cash and all bank-related matters
- executes cash payments and collects/prepares proper receipts
- verifies correctness of vouchers, including supporting documents
- checks and updates the cash book (bank and petty cash transactions) daily
- arranges administration of (petty) cash payments and reports
- sends bookkeeping reports and the vouchers to QEIP Office Sana’a at the end of every month
- establishes the monthly account, financial and bank status to be submitted to the administrator in Sana’a by the end of each month according to the GIZ rules and regulations
- calculates daily allowances
- maintains proper and confidential filing of financial related documents, office asset register and project inventory list
- coordinates closely with the administrator of the main office in Sana’a, and reports immediately on issues for problem,
- assists in preparing monthly and annual budgets and tracking variances and sends all documents to QEIP Office Sana’a
- assists in preparing monthly and annual budgets, monthly fund requests, tracking variances and sends all documents to QEIP Office Sana’a timely
- monitors the daily cash flow records and the level of liquidity
- monitors costs and expenses monthly
- checks incoming invoices for office rental, telephone, cell phone, internet and other fees and arrange the payment
- prepares monthly/balance sheets/ bank reconciliation.
- manages daily office operations
- supports all administrative and logistic arrangements of program activities in the governorate office (meetings, workshops, etc.)
- monitors availability of supplies/ inventory
- administers and controls the monthly car driving record, including the consumption of fuel, ensures maintenance regularly and keeps the records
- maintains the filing system management and files all documents in DMS as per GIZ regulations
- supports in the preparation and monitoring of contracts for services and goods.
- performs typing of documents and reports both in English and Arabic
- translates documents or reports from Arabic into English and vice versa as requested by the advisor
- maintains the IT equipment, especially of computers (hardware and software) and copy machines, and organizes help from outside if needed
- keeps updated inventory system of the project office
- supports the organization of project events, such as meetings, workshops, training courses, and program visits
- assists and participates in technical work of the QEIP Office Aden on request of the advisor, senior advisors, and/or project coordinator
- supports in documenting all project events, reports, collection of photos in compliance to GIZ requirements, etc.
- supports reporting as required
- keeping confidentiality of data and information.
- carries out additional tasks and activities as assigned by the superior and the management.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University degree in relevant specialization and qualification in Business Administration (BA or similar)
- Initial working experience in a comparable position in this area
- Initial working experience with international organizations
- Good communication skills
- very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet, social media) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- very good command of English (speaking and writing)
- willingness to travel to other project areas
- dedicated to teamwork and self-responsibility
- able to work under pressure and to cope with a challenging environment
- highly accurate and reliable
- willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed and agreed with the superior
- valid driving license
Please write the full subject line as indicated below, and send your application (cover letter) and CV in English and Arabic to the following:
E-mail address: email@example.com
Subject title: Junior Administrator (Aden) - QEIP - applicant name
Please note that only applications mentioning the full title will be considered.
Deadline for receipt applications is: 19.04.2021
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Should you be invited for interview, you will be asked to present all certificates mentioned in your CV. You will also be asked to provide two relevant professional references to be contacted.