Position Location: Yemen – Aden
Creative Associates International (Creative) is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm with field office in Aden, Yemen. Creative is sub-contracting with Save the Children organization in the implementation of a USAID supported Gateway to Education project in Yemen. Creative has the responsibility to collaborate with the Ministry of Education officials to deliver the expected results in the intermediate results areas 2 and 4.
Under the close supervision and guidance of the Finance and Operations Coordinator, the Administrative Assistant supports system strengthening, teachers’ training and curriculum/materials development components by carrying out a range of procedural, administrative, and operational tasks, to help develop, implement, and monitor the Gateway project, ensuring timely and effective delivery that is consistent with Creative, Save the Children and USAID rules and regulations.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Administrative Assistant will report to the Finance and Operations Coordinator.
Summary of primary functions/accountabilities:
- Facilitating the processing of contracts for consultants, vendors and external partners that support the office in delivering results. This includes preparing and filing documents, completing necessary forms and templates, and making necessary logistical arrangements. Keeps vendor lists, partners, and consultant rosters up to date.
- Preparing and submitting purchase requests, payment requests, collecting invoices and filing documents related to all program component for approval and thereafter processing with appropriate sections in Save the Children. Performing tasks related to finance and disbursing financial dues to workshop/training/meeting participants and update database to track key information (e.g. PR tracker, etc.)
- Liaises with the relevant administrative and logistics and human resources offices as required.
- Preparing and maintaining documents and control plans for the monitoring of project implementation e.g. GIS tracking of project locations, list tracking training, meeting and workshop activities.
- Supporting the management of project and administrative supplies and office equipment.
- Maintaining office calendar and arranging meetings. Taking minutes of meetings and keeping the correspondence of the Creative team well organized.
- Providing travel assistance to staff for travels and entitlements based on the organization’s rules and policies. Liaising with relevant travel focal points in Gateway/SCI to ensure that the organization obtains the best service for all travel.
- Maintaining and updating a system which monitors the absence of staff.
- Supporting meetings, workshops, and conferences by making the logistical arrangements, through engaging with facilitators, caterers and hosts; arranging times through liaising with participants over availability; liaising with budget focal points and section over costs and needs; and preparing background materials for participants.
- Archiving all the projects’ documents –electronically in the Creative SharePoint and in hardcopy, where necessary.
- Assists with trip expense reports, photocopying, ordering books and materials as needed.
- Ensuring compliance and consistency in the application of Creative, SCI, and USAID rules and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration with minimum experience of one to three years’ working with international organizations.
- Demonstrated reliability regarding attendance and work performance.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to deal with a diverse staff.
- Courteous and professional demeanor with experience providing service.
- Experience in organizing and filing information.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow up on tasks to completion.
- Good knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook; and good typing skills.
- Proficient English language skills.
- Flexibility and ability to work in busy environment.
- Familiarity with SCI financial, administration and logistics procedures.
- Attach a CV and cover letter explaining your experience of fulfilling the primary functions and responsibilities of this role.
- Applicants must provide three (3) professional references shared that may be contacted, should the candidate be shortlisted for this role.
- All applications to be sent via thislink: https://ee.humanitarianresponse.info/x/B2Cj3eRy