Ended Site Coordinator (2)
The Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) is a non-governmental, voluntary, independent organization established in March 2015, officially registered at the Ministry of Social Affairs as per license (99). As SDF has been present in Yemen since 2015, it has experience implementing emergency child protection and education responses, including women and youth empowerment. SDF has experience in handling large grants from international donors, such as UNDP, UNHCR, OCHA, WHO, SCI, WFP and ZOA. The Foundation has excellent national-level relations and has experience in coordinating with both national and international NGOs. It has offices, staff and community-based committees in Hajjah, Sana'a, Marib, Ibb, Hudidah, Dhamar, Al-Bayda’a ,Almahweet, Aden and Hadramout as well as solid experiences engaging with local communities from whom it gained acceptance and with whom it has collaborated in the past. In addition to that, SDF creates livelihood opportunities and community-based protection committees. Last but not least, the foundation is mainly focused on Sustainable Development Goals and Humanitarian Response.
Posted Vacancy: Site Coordinator
Number of Vacancies: (2)
Employer: Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) – Yemen.
Position type: Full time Contract
Position reporting to: Site Officer
Starting Date: ASAP.
Post Date: April 7th 2021.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Liaise with all humanitarian partners and stakeholders working in the sites. on a day-to-day basis
- Interact directly with camp residents to address their concerns related to their registration in the camp and to ament the information held relating to them.
- Attend onsite coordination meetings pertaining to CCCM activities and development to avoid duplications of activities.
- Build and maintain mutually respectful relationships with site team, service providers, local authorities, IDP community members as well as host community members.
- Monitor service provision at site level. including through observation and assessment
- Provide technical supervision of daily workers and incentive volunteers.
- Participate/Facilitate capacity-building activities instrumental in improving the understanding of CCCM activities.
- Plan and carry out needs assessments, baseline studies and surveys, and provide feedback on the findings from the various project stakeholders.
- Consider gender, protection, and GBV concerns in all aspects of activities
- Promote participation and representation of women, youth, people with specific needs, and marginalized groups in all SMC and partner activities
- Support vulnerable persons including through referral to protection partners, and support vulnerable persons at specific events (e.g. distributions, registration)
- Ensure confidentiality is respected in all activities
- Support site assessment/ committee formation/ training to community as needed.
- Timely reporting of security and safety incidents, problems and challenges in the sites to CCCM Coordinator.
- Coordinate complaints and feedback mechanisms in site settings.
- Liaise with community leaders and other sectors and agencies working locally in order to coordinate within all the service providers.
- Promote the camp population's self-reliance and ownership of decision-making processes through identifying strategies and project-cycle stages where camp community should be involved.
- All CCCM activities implementing should be carried out in a COVID-conscious way.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- At least 2-year experience in a project implementation position in an NGO.
- Civil Engineering knowledge (particularly in Water Supply, Sanitation and Solid Waste Management) is of benefit.
- Good organizational skills, attention to details and reporting in a timely manner.
- Excellent team-working skills. Flexible, with the ability to cope with stressful situations.
- Good written communication skills. Good verbal and written English skills are of benefit.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels and to motivate the field teams and partners to deliver results in difficult working environment.
- Good computer literacy, including use of smartphones and MS Office (Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of multi-sectoral humanitarian response, including Protection, WASH, Shelter, and emergency distribution is of benefit.
- Experience in SMC and/or Protection mainstreaming is of benefit.
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are required to apply through the link: Click Here not later than April 13th 2021.
· RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
. Qualified candidates from the project' targeted governorates will be given a priority.