Ended Protection Mainstreaming and AAP Officer
Job Title: Protection mainstreaming and AAP Officer.
Reporting to: Project Manager.
Employer: Altwasul for Human Development (Altwasul).
Duty Station: AlHudaydah Governorate(Al-Tuhayta) District
Duration: 5 months
Starting Date: 07/04/2021
Application Deadline: 13/04/2021
Altwasul for Human Development ( Altwasul ) Summary:
Altwasul for Human Development is a civil Yemeni Organization mainly works in Health, Education, Shelter, FSA, Nutrition, Building Capacity, Relief and Community development in all Governorate.
Roles and responsibilities include:
Project Implementation tasks/ responsibilities;
- Supervise and provide technical guidance to team.
- Undertake field monitoring missions to the field and collect protection information on a regular basis;
- Facilitate interviews and focus group discussions with IDPs, refugees, returnees, migrants, and host community members;
- Contribute to drafting and updating of regular protection reports including utilizing digital data collection systems;
- Contribute to reporting on protection trends from the field on a regular basis;
- Maintain an up to date and in-depth understanding of community dynamics in the communities monitored including of the surrounding host community;
- Support protection monitoring team’s field access by meeting with relevant stakeholders and local authorities as required.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with other INGO, government authorities, and other key stakeholders to ensure active coordination, collaboration, and information dissemination;
- During protection monitoring activities, identify protection needs/risks affecting individuals, households and groups, and conduct internal and external referrals to appropriate service providers according to needs;
- Ensure to practice gender equality in every single activity.
Overall organizational & leadership responsibilities;
● Fulfill commitments for the project goal of gender equality through ensuring the participation and involvement of women and men in all aspects of program implementation.
● Maximize safe working environment for all people involved in project implementation.
● Maintain the highest standards of behavior when working with and for the targeted communities.
● Prioritize adherence to all organizational policies, rules, and procedures (as outlined in Altwasul policies and procedure manuals).
● Apply organizational protocols and regulations according to guidance provided in general and those advised by search HR department.
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
You meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with equivalent field experiences.
- At least 2 years professional proved experience in a comparable position.
- Previous engagement in distribution of NFIs and ESK kits.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in administrative, organizational, and operational project work.
- Proven work experience with/ for CSOs, NGOs, and local government structures is desirable.
- Strong capacity-building experience.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to maintain and develop professional working relationships at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Capability to define and manage priority aspects with deadlines and in an efficient manner.
- Ability to lead professional teams towards predefined results.
- Capability to work in different environment based on deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and to work with minimum supervision.
- Problem solving orientation.
- Willingness to travel within the country and within fragile conditions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, energetic and social tolerance.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (both Arabic and English).
- Very good knowledge and skills in computer applications (e.g. MS Office, Excel etc…).
- Flexible to work under pressure and remote areas.
- Qualified applicants meeting the above requirements are required to apply through the following link: https://forms.gle/1M4osdr3Rnwk36mGA
- Note: Only shortlisted Applicants will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.