Ended Doctor Anaesthetist
VACANCY: Doctor Anaesthetist
Position status: Replacement (gap filling)
Location: AL-QAIDA HOSPITAL
Contract duration: Fixed term contract 1 month, renewable
Doctors without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, humanitarian, non-governmental organization providing assistance to people in need as a result of natural and man-made disasters, irrespective of race, religion, ideology or politics.
Organize and carry out anesthetic medical activities, according to MSF policies, protocols and universal hygiene standards and in close collaboration with the surgeon and other medical staff, and increase the knowledge and practical skills of the anesthetic staff through on the job training and knowledge transfer in order to ensure the quality of care provided to patients.
- Carry out pre-operative consultations evaluating the risks of operating in collaboration with the surgeon, providing the patient with appropriate information and deciding the type of anesthetics to be used, in order to ensure the best conditions prior to the surgery. Carry-out all anaesthesia related ulfilities during surgery to ensure safe, adequate anaesthesia.
- Preparing beforehand the drugs, material, and equipment required.
- Administering and maintaining anaesthetics following the rules of hygiene and asepsis in force.
- Monitoring patients throughout the intervention.
- Ensure transfer of patients to the recovery room, and full recovery of the patient’s consciousness and setting analgesic protocol
- Advise on Postoperative care in both Intensive Care Unit and wards with the surgeon, including fluid management, oxygenation monitoring and airway care and chest physiotherapy and mobilization, with special focus on patient’s pain relief during the recovering process.
- Implement and supervise hygiene rules, procedures and MSF protocols in OT/recovery, anesthesia material (decontamination, sterilization, storage conditions, etc.) to ensure the safety and protection of patients and staff.
- Supervise the OT pharmacy (drugs orders, inventories, expired drugs) and ensure OT register, consumptions, empty phials of narcotics, ensuring adequate stock is maintained.
- Ensure good functioning and maintenance of OT equipment (oxygen extractor, ventilation, equipment, etc.)
- Collaborate with other departments in the project (responding to accident emergency department requests, intervening in support of other services when needed, etc.), and participate in any emergency activity or exploratory mission, in order to support the overall MSF project with his/her expertise and capabilities.
- Ensure proper ulfilment of administrative procedures and documents (fill in of patients files, forms, statistics, data base, etc.), and elaborate regular reporting about results, proceedings and problematic situations and cases, in order to have updated and correct information about the day-to-day activity in the project and support decision-taking.
- Ensure the follow-up of post-operation patients in the ICU
- collaborate with other departments (ER,PED…) and provide assistance when needed
Postgraduate degree in Anesthesia after bachelor degree in Medicine and surgery (MBBS) recognized by the state essential. Valid Medical License as a specialist Doctor Anesthetist is essential.
Having 2 years’ experience as an anesthetist doctor, Having worked in MSF or other NGO has and in developing countries is desirable.
English or Arabic mandatory
- Rigor in work
- Sense of teamwork and sharing
- Intellectual curiosity
- Moral sense, neutrality of judgment and benevolence for patients
- Commitment, Flexibility, Teamwork
All applicants should submit a CV, Cover letter, ID and (Copy of Medical qualification, medical council license and other certificates).
To MSFCH– Al Qaidah CV Drop Box
Or to the following email, with the subject: Doctor Anesthetist
Deadline for the submission of applications is 5PM on 15st of April 2021
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted!