WASH Field Officer- Engineering This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
CARE International is currently seeking WASH Field Officer- Engineering. He /She will be responsible for the implementation of WASH component under this project in the targeted districts /governorate.
WASH Field Officer- Engineering
Location: Al- Dhale’a
The WASH Field Officer- Engineering reports to WASH Engineer. He/ She will make sure the quality of technical works) to be done according to SPHERE, CARE and Donors’ standard. Additionally, ensuring that the projects activities are well coordinated with relevant governmental sides (local councils) and non-governmental sides (INGOs and NGOs working in same operation area). S/he reports directly to WASH Engineer, coordinates, and liaises with other project team members
Job Responsibility #1:
- Liaises with the WASH Engineer to plan and implement water and sanitation activities in the field.
- Works with Field Engineering to mobilize communities and community leaders for the building materials, construction activities and maintenance of WASH structures.
- Suggest new methods and approaches in order to improve the quality of water and sanitation activities in the field.
- Works with and supervises partners, contractors, suppliers, construction workers etc. on engineering aspects of the WASH projects.
- Participates in WASH engineering assessments including needs, technical evaluations.
- In consultation with the WASH engineer offers WASH related technical oversight for the WASH Program at field level.
- Report all gender and protection related concerns to the direct supervisor or the gender focal persons.
- Carries out WASH engineering/hardware data collection as required.
- Explore opportunities and share potential for expansion of WASH project.
- Field engineering/technical focal person for water and sanitation aspects of the project including water quality monitoring.
Job Responsibility #2:
- Prepares and submits all water sanitation field reports to the WASH Engineer.
- Monitor water and sanitation facilities acceptance and beneficiary satisfaction
- Responds to and records beneficiary WASH technical/hardware feedback and complaints at field level
- Monitor and report on the Water and Sanitation activities in the field ensuring there is compliance with plans and CARE Yemen standards.
- Prepares and shares all relevant WASH engineering field reports and documents as
- Vocational training in civil/wasting or construction engineering.
- Experience in working with water and sanitation projects in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Respectful and able to work with communities.
- Ability to plan and deliver results in the field.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the community, supervisors and colleagues.
- Trustworthy and able to manage resources effectively.
- Experience in working in the field and in insecure environments.
- Experience in conducting trainings
- Fluent in both written and spoken Arabic
- Knowledge of English is an added advantage
Comply with all relevant CARE policies and procedures with respect to child protection, workplace environment, employee code of conduct and all other related subjects.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل