WASH Technical Engineer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Muslim Hands YEMEN – WASH technical engineer
Muslim Hands is an international relief and development non-government organization established in 1993. The organization is currently working in 52 countries. Muslim Hands works both directly and with partners to carry out short- and long-term projects in education, health livelihoods, WASH and emergency relief.
This an exciting time to join an international NGO with over 26 years’ experience across 52 countries. Muslim Hands Yemen is undergoing new and positive changes. We are building on the capacity of the office, looking to implement new and innovative projects alongside opening new fundraising channels. This role is seen as pivotal to the long-term vision for Muslim Hands Yemen.
Position: WASH technical engineer
Reports to: Senior WASH Officer
Location: Aden – essential travel is required to other areas of Yemen
Contract Type: FT (six months with possibility of extension.
The WASH Technical engineer will be directly responsible for the design, implementation, follow-up and evaluation of all rehabilitation/construction components of WASH projects and HFs and related project sites in the targeted Districts. He will carry out the technical tasks in WASH sector including conducting feasibility studies, BOQs for the water scheme rehabilitation projects, in addition to ensuring the quality and efficiency of all fieldwork done relevant to tasks in line with the specific programs, standards, and requirements to ensure high technical quality.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to assessments of prospective Water projects, Water tank and Health Facilities rehabilitation/Construction needs to support project design.
- Produce weekly and monthly progress reports including key achievements and planning for the following period.
- Develop, implement and monitor monthly activity plans to achieve expected results, which include planning of activities, budgets and procurement.
- Develop detail bill of quantities (BOQ) and drawings for the WASH components works required and provide rehabilitation and construction project budget estimations.
- Develop specifications based on assessment and project requirements, ensuring that recommended work is within the quality standards.
- Responsible for the design, establishment of work specifications and quotation, follow-up and evaluation of activities related to WASH Components.
- Follow Up and support Site Supervisors to Supervise the Construction/Rehabilitation works, ensuring that it is completed within timelines and in accordance with approved BOQs
- Strengthen and train Water Committee, LWSC and GARWP and HFs administrators to Manage and successfully operate and maintain the Water projects and HFs infrastructure.
- Establish productive working relationships with HFs administrators and Water Committee, LWSC and GARWP government officials to promote good WASH practices.
- Evaluate success of Water projects/ Health facilities rehabilitation/Construction. interventions in accordance with organizational policy and maintain related data and records.
- Verify that rehabilitation/Construction works done by contractor are carried out according to quality standards through quality checklists.
- Ensure that donor compliance requirements are met by developing appropriate checklist.
- Certify achievement of contractual milestones
- Seek and obtain appropriate government sign-off on works at the start and completion of the work.
- Provide the logistic team and/or the Bid Committee with technical support and analysis.
- Validate the progress and quality of work of the contractors, track payments and ensure controls in place to approve payments based on acceptable delivery of terms of contract and meeting of deadlines.
- Coordinate rehabilitation/Construction activities with other local actors (governmental and non-governmental).
- Support logistical and financial departments in providing necessary supportive documents in order to facilitate procurement and payments.
- Perform any other tasks that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Health and Safety
- The post holder must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to the MHY policy, organization, and arrangements for Health and Safety at Work.
- University Degree in Civil, Structural Engineering or equivalent fields with minimum of 2 years of experience in the sector.
- At least 2 years of experience in planning and implementation of small-scale construction works, mainly Water projects and HFs rehabilitation/Construction related works
- Experience in supervision of contractors and contract administration.
- Good knowledge of safety standards and legislation related to construction and rehabilitation in Yemen
- NGO experience preferred
- Effective use of computers – Word and Excel and preferably a design and drawing software:
- AUTOCAD Robot, Etabs, STAAD or Any other Structural Analysis and designing Software.
- Water CAD or any other water networks designing Software.
- Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Excellent in communication skills in both English and Arabic; ability to communicate strategically under pressure
- Self-motivated, results-driven and excellent sense of organization
- Excellent writer – ability to develop high quality reports and accurately analyze M&E data
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions quickly and independently
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations.
- Ability to relate to and effectively motivate staff
- Fluency in English and Arabic, both written and verbal
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل