The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Contract type: Open-ended
Number of Posts: 4 Posts
Duty Station: Marib
Start of the announcement: 14 September 2021
The Light Vehicles Driver transports people and goods in a safe and timely manner, in accordance with ICRC rules and regulations and national traffic laws.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Drives light vehicles to transport people and/or material in strict adherence to internal security rules and national traffic laws.
- Constantly monitors security conditions on the road.
- Ensures that goods are stored inside the vehicle according to local, international and ICRC safety standards (attachment and distribution of goods, etc.).
- Checks their assigned vehicle(s)' equipment, general functioning and body condition and ensures that it is kept fuelled and clean inside and out.
- Checks that trips have been authorized where necessary.
- Immediately reports accidents, defects and/or missing equipment to management.
- Can act as head of convoy as needed (in charge of the driver(s), application of security rules and time-frame for the convoy). Certifications/Education Required
- Secondary school diploma.
- Driving license B (BE, B1) held for at least five years.
- Knowledge (spoken and written) of English and/or French.
- Knowledge of the local language(s).
Professional Experience Required
- Experience in a similar position an asset.
- Automobile maintenance experience (oil checks, changing tyres, etc.).
- Basic knowledge of mechanics.
- Good knowledge of the area of assignment.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send the following:
• Letter of Motivation in English
• C.V. in English (maximum 3 pages);
• Copies of the Academic Certificates, Work Certificates, and Letters of Recommendation if any.
Please send your applications by email to: email@example.com
Indicating in the subject line: Driver (Marib)
Applications with no clear indication of the subject will not be considered
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Deadline to send your application: 27/09/2021
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل