Senior Programme Support Assistant (CCCM/SNFI/WASH/CBI) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position: SENIOR PROGRAMME SUPPORT ASSISTANT (CCCM/SNFI/WASH/CBI)
Organizational Unit: CCCM/CASH/SNFI/WASH Unit
Duty Station: Yemen, Sana’a
IOM Classification: G 6
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term (SST) Graded Contract, 6 Months (With a possibility of renewal)
SVN No.: SVN2021.074
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 26 July 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Organizational Context and Scope:
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Field Coordinator and the direct supervision of the Senior Programmes Coordinator (CCCM/SNFI/WASH/CBI), the Senior Programme Support Assistant will contribute to ensuring the processes in the CCCM, SNFI, WASH and CBI units are efficiently implemented in accordance with IOM standards and best practices.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Coordinate all administrative functions of the CCCM, SNFI, WASH and CBI units, in coordination with the program managers and the support units.
2. Maintain and monitor the procurement and budgets tracking matrix for the CCCM, SNFI, WASH and CBI units.
3. Review projects consumption on a weekly basis; prepare projects consumption reports as required and ensure that budgetary issues are flagged in a timely manner to the relevant program managers.
4. Coordinate CCCM/SNFI/WASH/CBI admin focal points across Yemen and ensure that processes are harmonized across sub-offices; ensure that weekly admin reports are produced on time by the assistants; review, compile and analyse these reports.
5. Create PRFs and RFPs and ensure that they are fully signed in a timely manner; follow up with Procurement and Finance units until the costs are reflected in PRISM, and the PRFs have MIGOs and MIROs.
6. Receive, review, and have TAs and TECs of staff members signed; coordinate internal travel requests; liaise with the relevant units to get all necessary authorizations.
7. Ensure that CBI transfer requests, payments and reports to and from the financial service provider are produced on time; verify beneficiary lists as required.
8. Manage the filing system of CCCM/SNFI/WASH/CBI documents and reports across Yemen and ensure consistency across all sub-offices.
9. Identify areas for improvement and highlight them to the supervisor; establish internal and tracking systems and provide inputs for new procedures to complement or to adapt existing ones taking into consideration the specific needs of the office. Assist in analyzing and resolving sensitive cases by collating background information, preparing summaries and sharing best practices.
10. Go on field missions, as needed, to provide technical guidance to the field teams, and monitor the implementation of all admin processes.
11. Provide guidance and training to other staff in the unit.
12. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or similar field of study from an accredited academic institution with four years of relevant professional experience; or
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution with six years of relevant professional experience.
- At least six years working experience in support roles, accounting and/or finance (four years with a university degree);
- Strong working experience in supporting large-scale humanitarian projects;
- Experience in coordinating with multiple units and ability to establish and maintain excellent working relations;
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English;
- Proficiency in Excel and MS word; Knowledge of SAP an advantage.
Languages English and Arabic
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own
- action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, national of the country with automatic right to live and work in the country, and security clearances.
Female with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل